𝟸.𝟸𝟷: 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎 (65)

-Narrator's perspective-

The last time she will ever see Hayley. That was a sentence she thought she'll never cross in a lifetime. Seeing as both of them were immortals, anyone with a decent mind will also think the way she does. But when a voicemail was played in her brother's phone last night, it made her think very differently.

For the past hours, the night passed and still, Hayley's voice and choice of words on saying farewell constantly repeated inside her head. Pained her more than what she could tell. It was like someone shot an arrow completelt through her chest, only to miss seeing as she's quite alive. Alive but tortured.

The storm was still raging in the deep sky, rain pouring heavily and the thunder striking very violently. The siblings in the Abattoir knew it was their Aunt Dahlia who prosecuted this whole natural disaster. Turned it into somewhat a supernatural event to stop Hayley from running with her daughter.

"It's done. I'm de-linked from those children, the covens are most grateful... and we even beat the rain." Rebekah entered the room and the female hybrid still hadn't settled down to the fact her sister is in another body. She should have gone to her old one but that was still to be planned.

"I trust Davina will play her part?" Elijah asked as a reminder to keep the witch in line and ordered.

"Yeah. Against my better judgement." Marcel, who came with Rebekah spoke up in slight defensive over her adopted-not adopted daughter.

"Stop being so overprotective. If Davina is regent to all covens, she'll be granted power to resurrect Kol... and the clout to unite witches to our cause." Rebekah reasoned with to the young vampire.

"Don't pop the champagne just yet. Dahlia said she'd come for the baby. And now a storm springs up out of nowhere. You really think that's coincidence?" He asked, waving around and a lighting struck down to the ground.

"Regardless of her power, she needs to be dealt with." said Elijah and looked over his older sister in the room. "Fortunately, we have a weapon." And that was when said sister looked up, clearly annoyed by the fact she was now the bait.

"Look, no offense... but are we really gonna put all our eggs in one still-kind-of-mysterious basket?" Marcel continued out to doubt and one Mikaelson in particular had the same thought as he does. But what choice does she have? Nothing.

"I assure you, I am quite motivated to aid in Dahlia's defeat." Freya has spoken up. "Particularly now that Elijah has forced me to be the bait." She added and gazed over her brother.

Elijah just brushed it off with a wave of a hand. "And if we should fail, Davina and the witches will take up the task... for the very least, distracting Dahlia long enough for Hope and Hayley to disappear." said Him.

Another thunder occured and Rebekah noticed the window near her opened. She walked towards it and closed the window shut, only to see a trace of blood by the lock. "Elijah." She called and the man walked to her, also seeing it as just.

"Niklaus." Elijah gaped out, looking at the witch before she and him made their way to their supposed to be desiccated brother with a dagger in his chest. Eventually, Danielle caught up with them and to her disappointment, there was no body in a coffin like they expected there to be.