𝟷.𝟸𝟶: 𝙰 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚎 (31)

-Narrator's perspective-

Over the course of everything that happened, Danielle had just calmed herself down. She looked at herself in her own mirror, seeing how her light blue eyes looked different than what it usually did. It held something she never imagined she would hold over her years in life.

Best to ignore it... But probably will not. Danielle was still recovering on her thoughts than ran in her head when she was in the heat of the moment. The time she admitted to herself that seeing Hayley dead was that she felt dead herself as well.

That her thought ran wild free on wanting to die because of the girl's heartbeat stopped. She exhaled deeply, narrowing her eyes down to her features to distract herself from Klaus' and Hayley's conversation on the other room near hers.

When Hayley awoke from her temporary death, Danielle helped her get cleaned up and go back to her own strength. Did everything she could to help her, help her feel comfortable in her own room where a small nursery was in the next room. Grateful and all, Hayley told her that she should take a moment to breathe fresh air.

Sensing that Danielle was still recovering from everything that'd happened, Hayley told her to come back later once she's calm down. And no matter how much she wanted Danielle to stay, she did the better to let her breathe for a moment.

A part of Hayley was clinging onto the emotion she felt. The one thing that was pulling her towards Danielle- a sole reason to hold her and never let go. But, there wasn't exactly a good bond between them. Time and time again, Hayley wondered why.

As hours passed, Danielle wanted- needed to know how Hayley was. She held her fist up and it landed on the wood, softly hitting it for more than once to ask for permission if she can enter.

When the familiar and soothing voice told her to come in, she twisted the doorknob and pushed open the frame. The first thing that Danielle saw was the werewolf standing in front of the window, looking out on the streets. People playing instruments after a funeral, bold move.

"Are you okay?" She asked, slowly walking towards the girl who turned around and looked at her.

"I am. It's not everyday you almost died while bearing the child of a world renowned psychopath." She exhaled, lessened the tension in the room where Danielle smile. "I heard that you helped place the nursery together."

Hayley chirped up, walking past the hybrid and made her way to the little connected room. She pushed open the door, a small smile escaped her lips and walked towards the crib in the middle of the small room.

As she admired the crystal that hung low to the crib, Danielle didn't bother to hide her amused smile and crossed her arms. The side of her body is leaning on the archway, tilting her head to the side in amusement to see Hayley so happy.

"It was my idea and we both did most of everything." She explained smoothly, darting her gaze to Hayley who looked back to send her a thankful look. She nodded in response. "It was mostly Nik."

Her words made Hayley smile secretly and roll her eyes while having her back turned to Danielle. "I'm sure it's mostly Klaus who decorated a nursery for his child who's a girl." She retorted that cause Danielle to laugh.

"Give him a break. He is trying." Danielle chuckled again and pushed herself forward to go besides the Marshall. "Almost lost you today." She whispered, tracing her fingers on the wooden crib.