Chapter 32 - Ray and Ellie aka. Mum and Dad

sorry about the wait, just couldn't really think of what to write, i do only just make this up as i go

_______________________________________________

Heather's P.O.V

I sipped my cup of coffee again and gazed out of the kitchen window, deep in thought. For the time that I've been here I've only seen my parents once and that was the time that I arrived, I know that are avoiding me and I'm actually relieved that they are. I'm not really sure how I'll react to them anymore. 

Jordan asked me out about an hour ago and I haven't seen him since then and I haven't seen Drake since then either.

Kelsey hasn't even been around us that much either, I guess she is just sick of all the drama.

If I knew that it was going to be this hard to be an Alpha I wouldn't of agreed to it in the first place, I wish I could have a normal life, a nice mate and maybe even children.

I looked up as the door opened and in stepped in my oh so wonderful mother. I looked back out of the window and ignored her and I could hear her sigh in the background. I watched the devil herself from the corner of my eye as she moved around the counter and sat down next to me.

I sighed deeply and turned my head around to face her, that was when I clearly examined her face. My Mum's fear skin has gone unusually pale and her normally bright, colourful eyes were red and swollen, lifeless you could say. She was abnormally skinny and she looked a lot older then what she actually was and strangely she didn't wreak of beer like she used to. 

"Listen," She sighed; I watched in confusion as she dipped her head in shame, "I know that I'm probably the last person you want to see-" I cut her off right there.

"You got that right."

She opened her mouth to talk to me again but the kitchen door banged open and in walked my Dad. With his head held high he strolled over to the kitchen counter and gave my mum a light peck on the check and I shuddered in disgust. 

"What's going on?" He asked casually. I rolled my eyes at him and he just ignored me and continued to smile down at my mother.

"Well, I don't really care so I'm just going to go now..." I trailed off. I jumped to my feet and dusted off imaginary dirt that was on my jeans and walked out of the kitchen faster than you could say 'spray paint.'

"Heather, wait please," Mum pleaded as she grabbed on to my arm making me come to a halt. I turned and faced her, but jumped away from her when I noticed how close we were actually standing. Dad was standing right behind her as well and he smiled down at me in an approving way, a way which I would of done anything to get months ago.

"Nice to see that even an Alpha will stop and listen to their parents every once and a while," He smirked and I scoffed in reply.

"Please, your wife is basically begging to talk to me so I will listen.." I trailed off as I directed my gaze back to Mum, "Up to a point." I could feel Dad's glare sending daggers through my skull as I stared down Mum with an emotionless look.

"We never really wanted to treat you the way we did," Mum started and I gave her a disbelieving look but she continued nevertheless, "It was Alpha's orders; if you ask him why maybe he will give you an answer considering your now an Alpha yourself."

I nodded my head in understanding; although I didn't really understand why. "Is that all?" I asked coolly; Mum sighed but nevertheless let go of my arm and allowed me to walk away.

I stayed put though and glared daggers at Dad as he hadn't even said anything while my Mum spoke.

"Is that true Dad?" I spat out. He flinched slightly from my tone but didn't back down, wrong move Beta. 

 He nodded his head forcefully but nevertheless remained where he stood. "Back. Down. Ray. You and I both know who will end this," I growled. He simply ignored my warning and decided to get right back in to my face.

"I don't think I will," He smirked; I could feel his hot breathe fanning my face but I didn't let it faze me, "I mean, why should I listen to you? You are a worthless piece of shit and you shouldn't of come back in to our lives, better yet, you shouldn't of even been born!"

I felt my breath get caught in my throat and I backed away from him slightly. How could he say that to me? My unshed tears began to pool in to my eyes and I could see the sightliest bit of regret and sympathy flash through his eyes but I ignored him while turning my attention back to Mum.

"You may want to learn how to control your mates actions Ellie, or I may just go and tell little Drake. You don't want that now do we?" I asked smugly while I kept a emotionless mask on my face. The least I could do now was hide my emotions from the person who is toying with them.

I could literally hear Dad's teeth grinding together out of anger and I know that I'm pushing his buttons...TAKE THAT SUCKER!  

 “I-I,” Mum stuttered; obviously completely bewildered by the scene that just took place, “I’ll try.” She bowed her head down in respect towards me and I nodded my head slightly in approval; looks like she actually knows who she is dealing with.

I turned my back on the couple but quickly turned back around again to have a final word with Dad, “Oh! Ray?” I said; he stared at me in shock but I continued, “Never speak to me like that again because next time you won’t get away with it so easily.”

I skipped away from them after that; while just trying to clear my head. I skipped around the pack house about eight times before I stopped and sat down at a tree stump. I plopped my head in to the palms of my hands and continued to think about nothing in particular but looked up when I saw Drake leaving the forest, looking deep in thought.

He stopped suddenly, and started to sniff the air and I watched amused when his head snapped over in my direction. I waved happily as he made his way towards me; but still managing to maintain a respectable distance from me.

“What are you doing out here?” I questioned curiously.

Drake just shrugged and sat down next to me on the stump, “Just getting some fresh air, you?” He set his curious gaze on me and I just looked down at my shoe-less feet bored.

“Just getting away from Twiddle-de and Twiddle-dumb,” I answered in mono-tone. He chuckled lightly at my answer but nevertheless accepted it. We sat in silence for about five minutes before we heard some shuffling in the bushes.

“Whose there?” We called out together. We looked at each other before nodding towards the bush. We walked quietly and when we were about two metres away Emmerson jumped out and started to shot us with water pistols. I laughed to myself while Drake looked pissed beyond belief and soon enough he was chasing Emmerson in to the forest while I lay on the floor; clutching my stomach in silent laughter.