Chapter 44 - Pack House Welcoming

Hey guys, just hoping it would be possible if you could comment your thoughts on my story? I'm only asking this because then it would encourage me to update more often, thank you if you do, means a lot. 

______________________________________

Heather's P.O.V

Anger coursed through me like a heat wave. All I could see was red, my wolf was trying desperately to take over my body, to seek revenge, but somehow I managed to keep her at bay. All my thoughts were focused on tearing the witches apart, sinking my teeth in to their flesh and ripping out their throats. Yet a small part of me told me not to do kill them, it told me to run for my life and start a new life somewhere else, but my anger was too over powering for me to listen to it. 

I ran past all the over grown bushes, the tall trees and the forever flowing river and soon I was able to catch on to the witches scent again, but this time there was something off about it. Mixed in with the scent I could smell blood, but I could tell it wasn't theirs. 

Panic flooded through my body like a title wave. Finally finding some more energy, I sprinted on to the clear field. But stopped dead in my tracks when I saw two rouges standing there, both growling in my direction.

I growled back as well but I didn't shift in to my wolf form, knowing that if I do, Danica would over power me and take complete control over my body. Instead I stood my ground, widening my stance slightly, preparing myself for any coming impact. 

Unexpectedly, one of the wolves started howling, its head rose in the air as if it was a tribute to the setting sun. Although while I was distracted, the other wolf had moved further towards me, its jaw was clenched together tightly but when it noticed that I saw it, it growled and lunged at me.

I toppled over, but nevertheless I didn't let the wolf anywhere near my neck. Somehow I managed to push it off me and as quickly as I could, I jumped on top of it and started to punch the living daylights out of its face. My hands was soon completely drenched in the rouges blood, but I still didn't stop until it had stopped struggling underneath my body altogether.

All I could hear was a distant ringing in my ear so I was caught off guard when the other rouge jumped at me from the left side. My face started stinging as it made contact with the damp grassy terrain and I could feel small drips of blood start to slowly descend down my face.

The rouge continued to scratch and tear at my body until I mustered up enough strength to flip us over, so then I was now sitting on top of the wolf. It growled at me angrily and scratched my arms all the more violently but I didn't let it distract me. As quickly as possible, I made my hands surround the wolf's neck in a tight grasp, and proceeded to twist its neck violently so then its neck snapped.

Slowly, I pulled myself back up on to my feet and my ears twitched as I heard painful screams coming from the pack house. My eyes widened and I stayed in my place, too shocked to move, but just as another scream ringed through the air I sprinted towards the sound. Soon, the house was in my sight, and I had to be especially careful not to trip over the dead bodies on my way there.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw the witches holding Gaby and Kelsey high up in the air, their bodies struggling hard against their magic. Just as I was about to rugby tackle one of the witches they got two people to jump on me from behind me. I struggled and squirmed, trying absolutely everything within my power to knock them off, but nothing prevailed. 

"Kill it," The short witch barked angrily at the two figures that were currently on top of me. I felt them shift around a bit but took that as an advantage to knock them off. The pair of them landed with a thud and I quickly jumped to my feet and faced them.

James and Erica climbed to their feet quickly, with evil smirks plastered on their faces.  "With pleasure," James and Erica said simultaneously before charging towards me, their red rimmed eyes gleaming wildly. I jumped to the side quickly, only just avoiding them.

“Is that the best you can do demon?” The witches crackled behind me, making my anger flare to an all-time high. I could hear Gaby and Kelsey's muffled gasps for breath and soon I felt the impact of their limp bodies hit me in the back of the head, making me pass out. 

________________________________________________________

OK, I also know this is extremely short as well and I'm sorry but I've been a bit preoccupied recently