Chapter 8 - New Position

hope u like the chapter :)

_____________________________________________

Heather's P.O.V

I can't BELIEVE they just did this to me! AND I'm stuck in this room for the rest of the bloody day! When I see Jordan I'm going to TEAR HIS HEAD OFF!

I was stopped from my ranting when I heard the door open slightly, I looked over and saw that it was Gaby and Kelsey, they looked slightly nervous. Why?

"Maybe it has something to do with the steam coming out of your ears?" Danica suggested rather smugly.

"Shut up!"

"Whatever Heather," she replied with an annoying tone. God I wanna punch something!

"Heather are you alright?" I looked over and saw Kelsey looking down at me with concern while Gaby still looked nervous.

"I'm ready to rip your brother's head off but otherwise I'm fine," I instantly smiled at the idea of Jordan walking around headless.

No-one replied to my comment, wonder why? Note the sarcasm. I looked away from them again, suddenly feeling awkward. I could feel Gaby and Kelsey's stares burning in to the back of my head, how ummmm, nice.

"How is your arm?" Gaby asked, obviously trying to break the awkward silence.

"Sore," I sighed, "could be better I suppose."

"Great, more awkward silence!"

"Couldn't agree more," Danica replied.

"Am I connected to the packs mind link now?" I asked, looking up to meet their gazes.

"You should be," Kelsey answered, "why?"

I shrugged, "Get bored easily. I need something to entertain myself with," I hesitated slightly before asking, "Umm, why are you guys here?"

It was now Gaby's turn to shrug, "Just concerned."

I felt a lump form in my throat, no-one before has ever cared or bothered to know if I was ok or not. I could feel the tears start to well up in my eyes at the memories of all of the abuse I had to put up with.

I could tell that they noticed my sadness and they shuffled slightly from foot to foot.

"We could leave if you want us to," Gaby said rather awkwardly, starting to scratch the back of her neck from nervousness. Why were they so nervous?

"No you can stay, i-its just that no-one has ever been concerned for me before," I stuttered and before I knew it, I was pulled in a bone crushing hug by both Gaby and Kelsey. 

"Your in our pack now of course we care," Gaby then hesitated, taking a deep breathe and said, "now you have to take a position for the pack."

I looked at the both of them in shock, "What are the positions then?"

I could tell that I startled them with my question. Heck, I even shocked myself!

"Well you could become an tracker, fighter or healer," Kelsey informed, she had a dead serious expression on her face, "but I have a feeling about what you want to choose."

I chuckled lightly, "I think everyone does. Who wouldn't pick fighter?!"

They both nodded their heads in agreement. After slight hesitation we started to talk about random things like what we like to do in our past time and stuff.

I was actually enjoting having the company but Gaby and Kelsey were called away for some pack business. I was part of the pack, why wasn't I called?

Kelsey's P.O.V

Gaby and I were called away from Heather because Jordan wanted to talk to us about some business. So we quickly excused ourselves and walked to Jordan's office.

Gaby knocked on the door and we had to wait a couple of minutes till it was opened

Jordan looked down at us and bekoned us to follow him inside.

"What position did she choose?" Jordan asked, while trying to get straight to the point.

"Its obvious what she chose!" I said, trying my hardest not to role my eyes at him, "she wants to be a fighter, so I'll start training her tomorrow."

"Is it alright if I practise with them?" Gaby asked Jordan, a hopeful look in her eyes.

"Whatever," he grunted.

"Whats wrong Jordan?" I asked, he's my brother so I'm not calling him Alpha.

"We've been having rogue problems for a while and they keep attacking everyone that goes for a run. We're going to need our strongest fighters to take them down," Jordan looked up at me, his stress and worry was clear on his face.

"What are you suggesting Jordan?" Gaby asked, a look of anger and hurt fell on to her face.

"I don't think they will stop till I'm dead," Jordan stopped talking to get a shaky breath, "and I don't want any more of my pack members dieing to the hands of the rouges."

I was speechless, I never knew Jordan to be this.......vulnerable.

"Does anyone else know of this?" I asked, trying to keep my emotions bottled up.

"No, I need to tell James though," he stopped talking ti take in another breath, "and I told you because you are my third in command and your my sister."

"I understand, do you want me to grab James for you now?" I asked, trying to keep my tone light.

He nodded and Gaby and I left the room. 

Gaby's P.O.V

"I'll go and get James you go and get some sleep," I told Kelsey, she nodded at me and walked off to her bedroom.

Once I watched Kelsey enter her room I started to walk to James' office. The door was slightly ajar and I could see him inside. Knocking once I then entered to face James.

"James," I waited for James to look at me then continued, "Jordan needs to see you about the rouge problem."

"Are they attacking again?" James asked, jumping to his feet with an alarmed expression on his face.

"No," I sighed, "he wants to talk about what we need to do to be-rid of them."

James nodded at me and I led him outside and towards Jordan's office. I didn't even bother to knock and entered the office so then we could get it over with.

"Jordan," James said, looking at his alpha with a confused expression, "what is this about?"

"I'll make this quick alright," Jordan said, sighing deeply, "the rouges won't stop attacking till I die at their hands."

"What are you suggesting Jordan?" James asked, his confusion clear in his voice.

"I'm saying we've got to train lots of fighters and if that doesn't work then I'll die in battle," Jordan looked up to meet James' pained expression, "don't make this any harder on me then it already is ok?"

James nodded his head, he looked upset and I could see the tears welling up in his eyes, "what has Heather decided to do?"

"Fighter," I said, trying to make them remember that I was still in the room, "well, that's what she wants to do."

I was starting to feel awkward under there intense gaze, "Can I leave now?"

Jordan nodded and I almost ran out of the room from nervousness. I power walked to my room and collapsed on the bed. Sleep over took me instantly.