Chapter 5 - Answers That Refuse to Come

Heather's P.O.V

I watched Jordan and Gaby, giving them both a death glare.

"Well......." Jordan continued, "you'll find out when you have to."

"That explains a lot," I snapped, making them both jump back in surprise. Danica was begging to take control, not this time though, I won't allow it.

"Heather," Gaby sighed, I went back to stare at her but she wouldn't back down, "if you knew what was going on you would only feel more stressed. You will find out eventually."

I growled a low threatening growl at them, I am seriously sick of being left out in the dark.

"If I found out this has ANYTHING to do with me, you are all  DEAD," I spat out, Jordan looked ready to kill while Gaby looked a little guilty. 

I stormed out of the room knowing I wouldn't be able to contain Danica for much longer. I had an idea on where I was going, the gym would be perfect for me right about now.

Stomping down the corridors and pushing the gyms' door off its hinges and headed towards the nearest punching bag.

I don't know how long I stayed there, punching the living daylights out of the bag till the rope snapped. I jumped slightly as the bag hit the floor, I could hear some one chuckling from behind me.

"What do you want James?" I asked, annoyance clear in my tone.

He just chuckled again, "Nothing, just saw the door broken down and I wanted to see who did it."

I glared at him, then looked over at the door. The door was chattered into pieces, crap.

"I'm going to have to pay for that aren't I?" I asked, I was still as annoyed as hell by his appearance.

"Depends, if you join our pack then you can work off the payment. If you don't join the pack then your going to have to pay full price," James said, he had a smug look on his face..........I don't like that look.

"What if I don't want to do either?" I asked, venom dripping off every word.

"Then we have the authority to kill you," James answered again, his smug look faltered slightly as he said this.

"Well, your going to have to kill me then aren't you, cause I refuse to join your pack and I don't have the money to pay," I said, I watched James as his face dropped to a frown.

"Come, you must speak with the alpha," James said, his face held an unreadable expression.

"Great, I get to see Mr Sunshine again," I muttered, not intending James to hear. He just chuckled as he led me out of the gym.

We eventually landed outside Jordan's office again, nerves started to take control over my body as James knocked on the door.

"Come in," Jordan said from inside the room. James pushed the door open while dragging me inside.

When Jordan looked up his curious expression turned to a frown, he could probably remember our last conversation. 

"What is it?" Jordan asked, while turning his gaze back to James.

"Well Heather here broke the door to the gym down, she refuses to pay and doesn't want to join our pack," James said, I could feel their stares burning into me.

"I only refuse to pay cause I don't have the money to right now. I  told James to take the third option and just kill me, but he didn't," I said, wanting to at least defend myself.

"Why do you refuse to join our pack?" Jordan asked, I looked up to meet his gaze.

"Lets just say my past experiences haven't been very pleasant," I answered, venom dripping from every word.

"Lets make a deal," Jordan started, I gave him a look that told him to continue, "if you win a fight in your human form against me you'll be able to leave."

"And if I lose," I asked, I was starting to get a little bit of hope.

"You'll have to stay and join this pack," Jordan answered, by the look on his face I could tell he wasn't sure of my answer.

"What if I don't accept?" I asked, wondering if it would be possible for me to leave this place at all.

"Then we would kill you right here and now," Jordan answered, his voice was blunt.

"Fine," I growled, "I accept this deal, as long as there's no cheating."

"It will take place in an hour, I suggest you get ready," Jordan said, meeting his gaze with mine. 

I started to turn around and leave when James caught me again, "She broke the punching bag to," he said, by the sound of his voice I think he was trying to suppress a laugh.

"James show me the damage and Heather, you come as well," Jordan said, when I looked at his face I broke out laughing.

I started to roll around on the floor, clutching onto my stomach trying to settle down. I could feel the water in my eyes as I stopped laughing picked myself up. Jordan and James were looking at me with an amused expression.

"Lets go," I said before going into a fit of giggles.

I stopped walking once when we reached the hallway were the gym was. James noticed my hesitation, came up to face me and threw me over his shoulder.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed at him, while trying to punch his back.

Jordan and James started laughing at me as we headed over to the gym. I felt myself being placed on the ground. I punched James in the chest and walked inside.

The door was still chattered and the punching bag was still broken on the floor. I turned around and looked at Jordan, his eyes were pitch black when he looked at the scene before him.

"Outside. Now," Jordan said through clenched teeth.

I shrugged and walked outside again. "How is it possible for a girl to do this much damage without training?" I heard James ask, I think he was asking himself more then Jordan.

"I don't know," I heard Jordan growl, "but I plan to find out."

I couldn't help it, I ran outside and into the forest, shifting in mid-step. I couldn't hear anyone chasing me but I knew they would be looking for me soon.

I ran towards the river and hid inside the near-by cave. I could hear yelling from the other side of the forest, the person was to far away for me to make out what was being said.

I laid down on the hard surface of the cave, trying to think about what Jordan meant when he said 'but I plan to find out.'

"Danica, how am I a good fighter without any training?" I asked, a little bit unsure.

"In my past history I have always been the packs best fighter," she started, "but I it was never for the pack which I was born in."

"Oh," was my genius reply.

"Your strong, even if you don't think you are......" Danica stopped in mid-sentence cause we could hear some one outside by the riverbed.

I quietly stood up to see who was there, it was Jordan. Crap, I'm screwed.