Chapter 27

~Reign's P.O.V~

I groan awake from the sharp small-footed kick in my tummy. I look down at my deathly still stomach. After nearly thirty seconds I lay back and feel the kick again.

"Okay that's it," I groan as I struggle to get out of the bed, trying as hard as I can not to roll. After about a minute I successful slide out of bed short of breath. I walked carefully down the steps trying to watch the steps as I descended, wanting not to have an unfortunate incident happen. I reached the kitchen safely enough and go to the fridge with a hand slowly caressing the top of my belly.

"Are you hungry? I mean I am so I expect you to be too, or I got this whole mother and child thing wrong," I giggle that last part, then shake my head when I realize that I'm talking to my stomach.

"You probably can't even hear me can you?" The silence of my stomach heightening my disbelief. I sighed turning back to the fridge and just as I do I feel a kick. " I knew you could hear me," I break out into a smile and do my best to comfort my unborn baby. I sat in a chair feeling the comfort of knowing my baby can hear me. I sit back in the chair feeling content that maybe the pregnancy isn't ruining my life but putting it somewhere where I can't lose track of who I want to be. Where I can't lose track of where I want my child to be.

I hear a loud knock, one loud enough to knock me from drifting off to sleep in the kitchen chair. I get over to the front door as quickly as possible not wanting them to knock on the door again and wake my dad. I open the door surprised and slightly confused at the sight of Zayn and Harry on my front porch. Zayn's left hand was clutching Harry's shirt as his other arm was around Harry's neck holding him up. Zayn was giggling uncontrollably and his eyes were the darkest shade of red I've never seen on him.

"Wha-?" I manage to get out before Harry shoves his way inside heading straight for the living room. Harry groaned as he sits Zayn up on the couch.

"Zayn, snap out of it," Harry kneels in front of him like a father would a child. He sighs when Zayn continues to laugh like an idiot.

"What's wrong with him?" I say crossing my arms kinda wishing I was wearing something other than a tank top and short shorts. I look at the clock on the wall and see that it's nearly 3:00am in the morning.

"He's drunk. Very drunk," He says hanging his head his hair hanging loosely in his face. I didn't and don't understand why he would be getting drunk if he's studying, and why Harry would be at his house if Zayn doesn't fancy him.

"You were at his house?" I ask and he looks to me, eyeing me up and down before returning his gaze to Zayn.

"No, I was at this party with Kimberly,"

"So why was Zayn there?"

"I don't know, I don't fucking own him," he says standing placing his hands in his pocket and watching me. I look away from him and watch Zayn chuckle at nothing as he looks up to the roof.

"Why would he lie?" I whisper more to myself then to Harry. Harry says something but I'm more interested in why Zayn would be at a party instead of studying and why he would lie to me. I shake my head and look to Harry who was still watching me.

"Why are you still here?" I questioned him walking away, towards the kitchen and he followed me. I opened the fridge getting water and one of those pills my dad uses when his head hurts him.

"I have no way home. I'm not gonna leave with Zayn's car!" He says raising his voice at me. I immediately shush him and roll my eyes placing the cup on the counter.

"Why didn't you take someone with you to bring you back?"

"I don't know. I...I wasn't thinking," He looked back towards the living room, where Zayn sat. I watched Harry as he sighed and slumped down in one of the kitchen stools.

"Your really worried about him," he looks up to me and nods slowly.

"He getting bad...the drinking it's..." He stops and looks up to the ceiling then let's out a huge sigh. He opens his mouth to talk but as soon as his eyes fall on me he just blows air out his mouth. He eyes me, stopping and staring at my stomach. I cover my stomach loosely with my arms feeling a bit embarrassed.

"What?" I say trying to turn my belly out of his sight.

"That's your baby?" He says quietly, and I groan.

"No, it's the spawn of Satan. Wanna feel?" I say sarcastically and he laughs.

"I've had a lot of nicknames, but Satan? It seems kinda harsh." I immediately look behind him to Zayn who is now sprawled out on the couch snoring louder than I've heard before, and it's still the cutest thing I've ever seen. Harry turns to look where I'm looking and after a brief moment he turns back.

"Can I...feel it?" He asks cautiously. Every bone in me wanted to curse him out for doing this to me in the first place, but I've come to grips to the fact that in a few months I'll be bringing the gift of life into this world. I nod slowly and he nods back, then slowly begins to approach me.

He kneels down in front of me, making me extremely uncomfortable. So uncomfortable that I couldn't look at him. I looked up to the ceiling and seconds later I feel freezing cold hands on my stomach making me jump slightly. He apologizes quickly before rubbing my belly with the most gentle touch. I look down to him and he seems mesmerized by my stomach, a small smile on his face, like he's never seen anything like it before in his life. He looks up to me smiling then back to my stomach, when the baby decides to kick at him.

"Holy shit, did you feel that?!" He whispered excitedly.

"No shit Harry," I laughed lightly.

"Wow...I'm a-" His smile fades. He shakes his head and runs his hand loosely through his hair before placing it back on my stomach."Zayn, is a lucky guy,"His smile returning to his face and my face freezes when I realized what he was about to say.

"What the hell is going on?" I hear and I look to see my dad standing in the doorway of the kitchen. Harry quickly stands to his feet to face him.

"Dad.." I say not being able to form words into a single sentence. I try to speak but all I do is end up saying one word then stuttering the rest, still too caught up on what Harry was about to say.

"I'm Harry," Harry said extending his hand, but when my dad folds his arms Harry pulls his arm back and places it back in his pocket.

"Why are you in my house?" My dad shifts his weight onto one of his legs as usual.

"Zayn got sick," I forced out finally being able to speak in coherent sentences. I look to Harry who glances at me before looking back at my dad.

"What do you mean sick?" My dad says again his voice sounding like he's running out of patience.

"He got drunk, so I brought him here because I wasn't to sure where he lived, but I've been here before...with Kimberly," Harry said his eyes trailing back to Zayn who is passed out on the couch.

"Of course, once an asshole always an asshole," My dad rolls his eyes.My dad looks around his gaze landing on my pleading face , and his expression softens, and he sighs. "Fine, they stay down here," he rolls his eyes.

"Thank you dad,"I smiled lightly at my him and he returned the smile. He shakes his head and goes back up stairs, mumbling something under his breath. I turn back to Harry but he is no longer beside me. I grab the cup from the counter then head out to the living room. As soon as I enter I see Harry on the love seat his feet kicked up on the end table. I walk over and set the cup on the table and smack Harry's feet off the surface.

"No. Bad Harry." I point my finger at him.

"I'm not a fucking dog," He retaliated.

"Well you have the hair for it," I say kissing Zayn on the forehead before saying goodnight and heading upstairs.
_______
Sorry to keep you in suspense guys! 😁

Love you guuuuuys!!

~Shay!