Chapter 18

~Zayn's POV~

I sat up watching them drag him out the hospital in handcuffs. He's yelling disgusting things to me as they pull him through the sliding doors of the establishment. I watch silently forgetting for a moment that he was gay, and also remembering that some gay men are strong as shit.

The first thing my mind went to was Reign. What could've happened to make him attack me with such hostility so....suddenly. I have to see her.

It's now a necessity.

"His daughter," I mumbled, only then noticing the crowd of people around me freaking out over what just happened and probably afraid due to the fact that I have no reaction. "I need to see his daughter," I groan desperately trying to get off the floor and towards the double doors that lead to the rooms where she is. I begin my slow walk over to doors but am stopped by a nurse.

"We have to treat you for you're injuries, you're a bit beaten up Sir. No pun intended," she said gripping my arm lightly and I snatch my arm from her grip.

"No," I snap. I continue towards the door only to be stopped by more nurses. I refused them all but was still getting no where.

"Sir, please we're just trying to help," the nurse begs trying again to grab my arm but I once again snatch away from her grip.

"No I need to see Reign," moments later I am approached by an older woman. She stops in front of me but says absolutely nothing. I watch her waiting to hear her bullshit excuse for why I can't see Reign and why I should be treated for my injuries even though I've made it painfully clear that I don't want one without the other.

"Hi I'm the Dean of Medicine, Dr. Ahiltiz," she extends her hand for a handshake, but I just glare at her and she slowly retracts her arm. " I hear there's a problem?" She says after clearing her throat.

"I just- I want to see my girlfriend," I sigh not wanting to put up a fight anymore. I drop my head and run my fingers through my hair. "I'm losing my fuc- freaking mind not knowing if she's okay," I said looking up at the woman who stared at me with the upmost curiosity as if I were some animal at a zoo. She nodded as if she understood before looking at the nurses gathered behind her. She began whispering things to them which annoyed me because I knew they were speaking about me. After a minute or two the lady turned back to me with a slight smile on her face.

"Okay, well I presume you must be Mr.Malik," she said smiling softly.

"How did you-"

"My employees say that she's been asking for you," she folds her arms across her chest. "I will let you see her," she nods her head once and my stomach instantly pains me, but it's a good pain, a welcoming pain and the usual pain I always feel when I'm around her.

"But, due to her state I can't let you go in with you're wounds and blood dripping down your face. You could infect you're girlfriend more. So if you let my nurses treat you for you're wounds, I'll let you see you're girlfriend. Deal?" She explained as I listened with intent.

"No. I want to see her before and after, and no one can deny me access to her afterwards,"

"Wounds first," she winked and walked away. As much as I wanted to see her and as much as I couldn't bear being away from her now that I was allowed to see her, I could hold on for a few more minutes while they patch me up.

I tried desperately to contain my happiness as the receptionist that told me I couldn't see her takes me to her. We walk for about three minutes before passing recovery rooms and ending up by ICU.

~Reign's P.O.V~

I open my eyes to the overhead light shining brightly in my face. I squint trying not to take on so much light and wondering how Zayn's room got so bright. I try to look around but my head feels hard to move. I try the same thing with all my other body parts and it's all the same. I franticly look around the room for Zayn so he could help me or at least tell me what's happening, but the light above me is shinning so bright all I see is white.