Chapter 9

~Friday~

~Reign's POV~

Friday.

Lord help me.

As hectic as this week has been the last thing I want it to do is end. I sprawl out across my bed placing a hand on my stomach.

"You're causing me a lot of trouble you know that?" I half laugh as I rub small circles on my belly.

"Reign! Am I taking you to school again today?" My dad burst into the room, scaring the shit out of me. I yell and hold my hand to my heart gripping my chest.

"Jesus Dad!" I say heaving, finding it hard to catch my breath." I'm not even going to school today," I say quieter than before, losing my sudden boost of energy.

"Oh god what did Crane do this time?" He smiled leaning against my door folding his arms.

"Zayn didn't do anything dad. My stomach just hurts really bad." I said slowly giving my stomach a few pats being careful not to hit too hard. My dad watched me carefully eyeing me suspiciously. His smile wasn't visible on his face anymore as it was before as he looked down.

"Dad?" I question and he frowns.

"God my nails are filthy!" He says holding his hands in front of his face.

"Dad!" I say putting both my hands to my face.

"Sorry," he laughs heartily. "I'll just assume you're not trying to skip out on some test and let you stay home okay? Bye sweetheart!" He says closing the door softly. I smile. My dad is too nice of a person sometimes.

My phone vibrates under my blanket and I fumble to retrieve it. I regret grabbing it so quickly when I see it's a text from Kim.

~Today's the day Reign. You don't tell him I will~

Fuck.

I fall back on my bed dropping my phone back on the bed refusing to read the text anymore. I clench my hands at my sides.

"I should've never told her. If I would've just kept my mouth shut-"

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone continuously buzzing beside me. I look down and see a "Z" on my phone, the other half of the phone screen being covered by my blanket.

I struggled to get untangled from my bed sheets. I finally get free and grab my phone answering it instantly.

"Hello?" I huff out of breath into the phone. I hear his precious laugh into the phone and I can't help but join in laughter.

"Were you having a fight with you're phone before you answered?" He chuckled into the phone.

"Um no?" I clearly lie into the phone and he bursts out into laughter again. I'm gonna miss his laugh. I stop myself from thinking like that. I don't know what he's gonna do once I tell him so I can't just jump to conclusions.

"Okay well I'm coming over there to get you now," by the way he sounds I could tell he was smiling into the phone.

"No I'm not going to school today," I say biting my lip with nervousness from the conversation we were gonna end up having later today.

"I'm still coming over there,"

"Why? Shouldn't you be going to school?" I laugh a bit while I question his motives.

"Who says?" He asks me and I can tell he couldn't care less about school at this point. He's a senior.

"I do! And if you don't go you're not coming over here," I laugh folding my arms as if he were in front of me.