Chapter 3

~Monday~

We stared at each other for what seems like hours on end. Our eyes never unlocked. I felt this kind of connection with him, but not the type I wanted. I was kinda relieved to find who I slept with, but if I knew this was going to be the case I would've never wanted to find out.

Out of my peripheral vision I saw Kimberly starring back and forth between us both probably wondering why we're weren't speaking.

"Uhh you're-" He said holding out his hand.

"Her best friend. And you're-" I said meeting his hand.

"Her boyfriend..." He said shaking my hand.We both laughed nervously as we disbanded the handshake. I never knew there could be this much awkwardness between two people.

"What the hell?" Kimmy said still exchanging looks between us.We both watched her as she made her assumption. "Do you guys like...know each other or something?" She said placing her hands on her hips. We both exchanged a look before turning back to her.

"Please her? Never!" He scoffed putting his hands in his pockets.

"Never in my life!" I say matching his tone of voice, trying to sound as believable as possible. I could tell by looking at her that part of her didn't believe us, but the other half was just like 'fuck it' so she brushed it off. A smile returned to her face and she brought her hands together.

"Awesome! I'm so glad you guys finally-"

"Kim! Come here!" Someone shouted to her from across the school. We all looked over to see a bunch of girls huddled in a small circle pointing and giggling at Harry. Kimberly groans.

"I'll be right back," She said then calmly walked over to the rowdy adolescent girls.

"Okay," Harry said flashing his award-winning smile. Seconds later he grabs me by my arm nearly dragging me into the nearest hallway where we can't be seen. His fingernails dig into my skin causing my arm much pain in the process.

"Ow! Let go of me!" I quietly yell as we begin to stop. He tightens his grip on my arm. I feel constant pressure in my arm and a throbbing that won't go away. He's the asshole I expected him to be.

" Let me go or I swear I'll scream," I say sternly, through the pain. He looks into my eyes for a split second before loosening his grip. I didn't waste a second before I ripped my arm from his hold. Small dark red lines formed where his fingernails invaded my arm. I rubbed it lightly trying to rub away the pain as he begins to pace across the small hallway.

He runs his fingers through his hair and he glances up at me and looks away quickly after.

"Okay...okay no." He points a finger at me.

"No what?" I say with as much attitude as I could muster up.

"You can't be her best friend!" He nearly yells. "I fu- I fucking slept with you...GOD!" He said squatting down and tugging at the ends of his hair. He honestly looks like he's going insane.

"What am I gonna do..?" He mumbles as he puts his hands over his face. I begin to feel bad, this is partly my fault. I mean he didn't sleep with me on his own.

"I got it," he whispers so low that I could barely hear. He stands up fully and runs a hand through his hair again, pulling himself together.

"I just won't tell her," he laughs to himself as if it was obvious this whole time. All my bad feelings disappear and are replaced with rage. He can't just not tell her! And I'm NOT keeping this to myself. He shoves his hands in his pockets and begins to walk away from me.