Chapter 38

We didn't move or speak for the next twenty minutes, she just stood there with my arms wrapped around her legs crying for fifteen of the twenty minutes. Her dad actually ended up walking in on us in that position and he kicked me out seconds later. I sat outside the door for what seemed like and hour. At one point it started to rain on me, but I didn't care. I halfway hoped the rain would just wash me away to some other land where this constant pain wasn't in my chest. It even hurt to say the word 'rain.' I couldn't talk about the weather without shedding a tear.

After getting completely soaked sitting outside her door for nearly two hours I stood up and dragged myself to my car. My legs didn't even want to move, the rain became so comfortable. I sat in the driver seat not even caring that I'm literally a waterfall. I push my hair back, because the water matted my hair to my face. I pull down the mirror in the drivers seat and looked at my reflection. I looked like a wet dog. I sighed, put the car in reverse, and headed out.

I drove around aimlessly for about thirty minutes, not wanting to go back home, the last thing I needed was my parents yelling at me for something I don't remember doing. I stop my car in the parking lot of some abandoned building and sit in the car.

How could this happen?

What the fuck was I thinking? I put my hands over my eyes trying to hold in the tears that were about to fall, then my phone begins to vibrate at a steady beat. I sniffle as I take my phone out my pocket, not even caring about the name before I answered.

"Yeah?"

"Whoa, dude you okay?" Louis' familiar voice rang in my ears and I put my head on the steering wheel on my car. I took one deep breath before responding.

"She left me. Reign she...she broke up with me," I whispered into the phone. Silence was on the other side as if he was trying to process what I just told him. He began to stutter into the phone trying to find the right words to say.

"D-did you, what did you say? I don't understand..."

"There's nothing to understand, my chances are up. All I did in the relationship was complicate things, and she got sick of it-"

"Well she's not perfect either!" I could hear it in his voice he was losing his temper. "She is having a baby by another guy-"

"Harry...Harry is the guy," silence again. He started to speak again but all his words were jumbled making him hard to understand, but he was so confused it was laughable.

"What a slut,"

"Hey-"

"Well you're a slut too Zayn," he laughed lightly and I began to laugh a little with him. "Maybe it's for the best you know, you'll be graduating in less than a few months. You don't need a baby in your life just yet."

I nodded I know he couldn't hear me but he knows what my silence means, it means he probably right..as usually.

"For what it's worth man, I don't think she's a slut I was just upset, she really is a nice girl, but there are thousands of nice girls for you out there that you could get your slutty little hands on," I burst out into laughter and so does he. We laugh for about five minutes straight, right as our stomachs start to hurt. I sigh remembering how me and her used to laugh together like that, making me slip back into the sadness.

"I loved her Louis, I just- I just kept fucking up. It's like I'm a broken machine and she was just putting the parts back on as they fell off."

"Well fix yourself, don't let somebody else do what you should have been doing this whole time!" He scolds me and I nod.

"She loved you. She confided that in me every chance she got. That's why it hurt me to find out you cheated on her, I mean granted she did cheat on you with Harry-"

"They slept together before we were in a relationship...That one time they slept together is when she got pregnant," Silence.

"...This is one hell of a drama episode," He says after a long sigh. I sigh along with him and shake my head, still resting on the steering wheel.

"Want to get wasted?" I hear another voice through the phone.

"What the fuck?" I say surprised by the other voice.

"I meant to tell you..." Louis trailed off.

"What's up bro!? It's Liam!!" He shouts into the phone, pretty sure damaging my ear drum.

"You were here this whole time?" I question placing my head back on the steering wheel.

"Yeah,"

"Like I said I meant to tell you, but you were really upset so I had to talk to you first," Louis said, I imagine him shrugging.

"I hate you guys so much," I sigh face palming. It was silent for a minute.

"Sooooo drinking?" Liam said the excitement clear in his voice. I sigh temporally forgetting my promise to Reign and myself.

"Yeah, you evil sons of bitches, yeah I'll come," They cheer into the phone so loud I feel my ear ringing. I laugh at their stupidity and put my car in reverse feeling a bit better.

"Head to Louis' house, we're going somewhere special tonight," Liam laughed and the phone went dead after that. I look at the phone completely confused but not trying to question them. I throw my phone into the seat next to me and head towards Louis' place.

_________________

~Louis' P.O.V~

"You think he'll be okay?" I ask Liam looking at the time on my phone.

"Of course he will! Look at the way he's making out with that girl, there's no way he's not getting laid tonight," Liam laughed taking a sip of his drink. "Besides I'll be here to look after him,"

"That's what scares me the most," I say putting head in my hands, and he nudged me with his elbow. I shook my head.

"Alright Liam I'm heading out, please make sure he gets home safe."

"Yeah, yeah I got you," Liam says as he checks out another girl.

"Liam!" I yell at him and he looks at me. "Stay focused. Zayn." He nods and goes back to looking at the girl whose shorts couldn't possibly get any shorter.

I walked back down stairs and towards the door where Eleanor stood waiting for me. The music was unbearably loud, it was almost 1 in the morning on a school night, I'm surprised my parents haven't called me yet.

"Ready!?" She yells at me, I nod at her and we promptly leave, not exactly sure if I did the right thing leave Liam to look after Zayn.
_________

Sorry don't hate me guys! School, I just can't 😂😂

Love you guys!

I'm writing another chapter right now so I'll TRY to have it up by today!

(Don't send a mob after me!)

~Shay