Chapter 19

~5 Months Later~

~Zayn's P.O.V~

"Are you coming babe? You know I didn't want to say it but, you're belly is slowing you down," I say folding my arms when she reaches me she hits my chest repeatedly and I laugh. I grab her hands stopping her assault midway and kiss her.

"But it slows you in the most beautiful way," I smile she scoffs.

"Shut up," she says as she rubs her belly and I could tell by her face that she took what I said to heart. I frown and pull her arms to bring her into my body. I carefully maneuver myself around her belly and wrap my arms around her.

"It was just a joke Rey," I say resting my chin on her head and she shuffled away from my grip continuing the walk to my house. I groan looking up trying not to comment on her moodiness. I fast walk to catch up behind her then tap on her shoulder. She doesn't stop walking and it makes me laugh because of how childish she's being.

"So are you over the sudden feeling of seeing my mother or....." I trail out of my sentence and she stops dead in her tracks. I smile at how quickly she forgot about our little quarrel to remember how nervous she is about meeting my mother. I take ahold of her hands from behind her then kissing her cheek.

"She'll think you're wonderful, so don't worry," I joined her by her side keeping one hand in mine instead of both.

"But..." She sighs looking down at her stomach rubbing in light circles.

"She already knows that you're pregnant Rey," I say I reach for the front door that I had opened with my keys. She looks to be bewildered and her mouth hung open.

"You told her!?" She yelled as I opened the door. I put my finger to my mouth and shushed her as we walked into my dimly lit house. I felt her hand tense in mine and I look back to her and she looks worried shitless.

"Oh Zayny!" My mom said coming from the back of the house and walked to me hugging me.

"Hey mom," I smile hugging her back it feels like I haven't been home in forever although it's only been a month. The last month Reign's dad has been away and despite his hatred for me, he asked if I could stay with her for as long as he would be away on business. My mom reluctantly agreed and was surprised just as much as I was when it turned out to be more than a month. I usually came home for clothes but never when she was here and to be honest I missed her.

She unlatched herself from around me to look at Reign who stood like a little child afraid of something behind me.

"And you must be Reign!" She brought her into a hug that she nor I was expecting. She pulled out of the hug to marvel at her. "But gosh he didn't tell me that you were this beautiful," she smiled placing her hand on Reigns cheek. She began to blush.

"And oh I almost didn't even notice you're belly because you're face was so distracting!" She said leaning down and feeling Reigns tummy, or as I like to call it her baby cocoon. My mom put both her hands on her cheeks.

"Oh I just can't wait! Can you just imagine you're face with my beautiful Zayny's face? Oh just magnificent!" My mom says slipping into her own little fantasy. I begin to laugh to myself because my mom can get a little weird when it comes to her fantasies. I look to Reign who is confused and it takes me less than a few seconds to realize why.

"Hey mom, I'm gonna take Reign upstairs. All this standing around can't be good for a pregnant lady," My mom nods sadly but dismisses herself moments later and we head for the stairs. A few minutes later we get to my room and she plops down on the bed breathing irregularly.

"You okay?" I say rubbing her stomach carefully. She stays quiet for a minute and her breathing evens out.

"You told her that..I was having you're baby," she spoke quietly like she was talking to herself.

"Well aren't you?" I question her shrugging my shoulders.

"You know what I mean!" She says halfway sitting up. I shook my head.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," She groans and sits all the way up stopping me from rubbing her stomach.

"Zayn," she sighs. I glance to her and her eyes are filled with sadness and I sighed giving in to her emotional torture.

"I thought it'd be...easier," I shy out rubbing the nape of my neck.

"Easier?" She questions crossing her arms and rested them on top of her stomach.

"Yeah. I thought it'd be easier if I just told my mom that you were having my baby than to explain why I'm with you and you're not pregnant for me," I shrugged my shoulders clasping my hands together. She looks away from me then back.

"A simple 'I love her' wouldn't have sufficed?" She said mimicking me with her laid back tone of the subject. I could tell that she was angry on the inside. I drop my head and smoothed out my hair slowly wasting time to try to not have to answer the question. She sighed and laid back on the bed. I began to rub her stomach and she slapped my hand. I pulled my hand back rubbing it gently pretending it hurt.

"No you avoided my question," I looked at her face and she was holding back a smile. I smiled too forgetting what an awesome girl she really is. I lifted up her shirt and kissed the sides of her stomach and on her belly button. She watched me with calm eyes observing me closely with a smile stuck on her face. A few moments later her smile dropped and she pushed me away from her. I looked up confused as she sits up and hangs her feet from the bed turning away from me.

"Did I do something wrong?" I said looking around the room confused at her sudden mood changes.

"Aren't you tired?" She asked me her voice a but muffled from her hand covering part of her mouth.

"Tired of what Reign?" I say with more annoyance in my voice if she says what I think she's about to say.

"Of me," she speaks in a quiet voice I've never heard her speak in before. It was like a voice that had been through so much but has seen so little and frankly it sounds like shes sick of it all.

"Reign, I'll never get sick of you. How could you even think that," I say scooting across the bed and positioning myself so she sat in between my legs as I rubbed the sides of her arms.

"Because you got sick of me before," she whispered in that voice again but sounded on the verge of tears. I sighed remembering the week and few days we spent apart and how much misery she must have been in.

That week was bad but not as bad for me as it was for her. About a month ago I remember speaking with her about it after one of her ultrasound things. She told me how she felt abandoned. She said that when I left her it's like I toke her friends along with me and I made her week even worse when I told the guys at the bar about her state, but I was heartbroken. I would've said anything to make myself feel even a little better.

"I wasn't sick of you I was just...confused. I didn't know what to do, I had a conflicting choice to make, but I did end up choosing the right one," I said slowing the pace of my soft massage on her arms. She looked to me wanting to know the choices that were piled on to me. Before I could reply I heard my mother yell for me downstairs. I looked to Reign who was already on her feet and heading towards the door. I laughed to myself a bit when I see that she has the slightest waddle when she walks. She turns around and hits me making me laugh harder as we reach the stairs. I make sure I go first to make sure that nothing goes wrong when she's walking down. I wait for Reign to reach the bottom of the stairs before turning around to acknowledge my mother. As I turn to look at her I see her standing with a man, a rather tall one to point out. He conversed with my mother not noticing my presence until my mom spotted me. The man turned to face me with a smile grin.

"Hello Zain," he spoke deeply making me, without a doubt, realize who stood before me.

"Dad?"

__________

Oooooooooohhhhhhhh!

Father Time!

Zayn, oh excuse me, Zain sees his father for the first time in years! What do you guys think will happen? Will his father support him in what he's doing or even acknowledge Reign?

So many questions soooo little time lol :D

Vote & Comment

Love you guys!

~Shay