Chapter 44

~Reign's P.O.V~

I sit on my couch staring down at my phone, at the notification bar, which told me I had seventeen missed calls from Zayn and one missed call from Mitchell. It has been a week or so since I spoke with him that day at school. So, I thought about answering it, but he's probably drunk and I'm not sure that's something I want to deal with, and it's only ten o' clock at night.

I rub tiny circles on my stomach reminiscing about when Zayn used to do the same, then scolding myself for thinking about it. I sigh and ease back laying flat on the couch, felling a bit lonely since my dad left to go out with his boyfriend. I got a text from him not too long ago with a thumbs up emoji, followed by an eggplant, and a winking face making me think things I shouldn't be thinking about.

"Ewwww..." I groan, putting my hands to my eyes trying to push out the thoughts of my dad and his babe. Knocks on the door can be heard as I try to drift to sleep. Annoyed I get up to answer it as fast as I could. As I reach the door I don't take time to ask who it is because they've already knocked three separate times. I pull the door open and Mitchell is standing there looking as smug as usual.

"Miss me?" He asks holding out a bag of Hersey's Kisses. I gasp and grab the bag not even acknowledging his presence and head back to my seat on the couch. He comes inside and I hear him talking, but I'm not sure to what or who. I sit back down on the couch, trying not to injure myself in the process and proceed to try and open the Kisses.

"Why are you here?" I mumbled the bag of chocolates in between my teeth. He stands by the doorway of the living room smiling at my failed attempts to try and open the bag.

"Well I thought you'd be lonely all by yourself, you know with your dad out,"

"How did you know my dad was out?" I questioned him momentarily ceasing my fight with the plastic.

"Uh, you told me?" He chuckles. Ever since that day at school and the whole episode with Zayn I've been talking more and more with Mitchell. I'm not sure what path I'm leading myself down by associating with him again, but it's better to not be alone. Since it was revealed that Harry was my baby's father, which would mean I lied to Kimberly and Harry did also with the addition of cheating on her, she hasn't spoken to me. I've made multiple attempts to try and contact her, but she refuses to answer and I sigh now beginning to think about it.

"I didn't want to leave you alone knowing I could be here making you smile," he says his smile as big as ever. I smile back because his infectious smile always gets to me no matter how I try to avoid it. I look down beginning again to play with the bag of chocolates.

"Well thank you...Mitchell," I say still looking down and fiddling with the bag. He walks over to me and reaches for the bag. He takes it then opens it in one swift motion then hands it back to me.

"Your welcome," he smiles and winks before walking back over to the doorway.

"Besides-" he continues and I look up to him. "There is someone I want you to meet," his smile creeping up on his face as a child walks through the doorway. Her caramel eyes wide and here long brown hair bouncing as she hurriedly walks to catch up to Mitchell. She grabs onto Mitchell's leg and partially hides behind him and Mitchell laughs. He bends down bringing her in front of him.

"This is Haley," he said smiling at her and she tried to hide behind him further but he holds her still.

"Haley, this is daddy's friend Reign. Say hi," he edges her on. She hangs her head and shakes it no and he laughs. "Cmon now, baby. It'll make daddy really happy, because Reign is really special to me,"

"She your bessfriend daddy?" The smile on my face was from ear to ear. She was the cutest thing in the world, and the way she stared up at Mitchell with beautiful brown eyes just made me think Mitchell can't be that bad of a guy, if he's only been down here for a few weeks and has already won her heart. Mitchell laughs.