Chapter 4

I walk into the house, and smoke immediately clouds my vision.

"Dad?" I call out,but as soon as I do I start to cough violently. The smoke tastes bitter. I run into the house towards the kitchen and see my dad. He has a fire extinguisher to a pot, putting out a fire. I suppose he was trying to make dinner. I laugh with relief as I take the extinguisher from him to help him put it out. He walks around to open to windows so the house can air out.

After the pot is fire-free I turn around, looking at him as he puts both his hands on his hips and rests his weight on one of his legs.

"Well umm.." He said scratching his head. "Dinner is served?" He said gesturing toward the pot. I looked at the pot that had some sort of concoction in it, but it was too black and deadly looking to tell what it was.

"There's no way in hell I'm eating that," I laugh. He joins in laughter only seconds later.

"Well can't blame me for trying," He says sticking his hand out in front of his face.

"Oh god I'm filthy. Reign be a dear and order some pizza while I go and wash up. Oh it's gonna take forever to wash this stuff from underneath my nails," He whines while walking out of the kitchen.

I laughed as he left. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to when I my father told me he was gay. I never loved him any differently it was just my friends I was worried about. I also wondered if mom would feel upset if she knew how dad was now, even though she had passed on. Eventually I got other the fact that either way if it was a man or woman he was betraying my mother.

Yeah, I got over it.

"Okay dad," I say following behind him but taking a detour to the living room instead of upstairs to the bathroom.

"And don't think I forgot about your trip to ISS today, we're definitely talking about that young lady!" He yelled from upstairs.

I cursed under my breath at the fact that they called him.

"O-okay!" I stammered back. I get dreadfully scared when my dad says he has to talk to me about something when I get in trouble because my dad isn't exactly the friendliest...or quietest when he's mad.

Sighing, I slumped back onto the couch and the moment I did my pocket vibrated. I feel my pocket for my phone then pull it out. I slid my finger across the screen opening it to the home screen. I clicked on the messages that had a red number one near it.

The conversation name said "Zayn."

~Hey I'll pick you up around 8 okay? ;)

Shit.

I forgot about my forced date with Zayn. Between that crazy girl on the bus, my dad almost burning the house down, and him basically going to threatening my life in the next few minutes I forgot all about it. God he's never gonna let me go.

~ I have to ask my dad.

I reply back hoping he gets how iffy I am on the date to begin with.

"Ask me what?" My dad whispers in my ear. I jump up and scream. My heart begins to beat extremely fast as my dad bursts out into laughter. I instantly pout and plop back on the couch.

"That's not funny dad, you scared the crap outta me!" I say trying not to laugh at the way he laughed.

"Sorry, sorry," he said wiping the tears from his eyes. "Now what did you need to ask me?" He said folding his arms and putting his weight on one of his legs. That has to be his favorite way to stand.

I stay quiet for a minute trying not to look in his eyes.

"Reign Haze Summers," He says beginning to tap his foot. I groaned. I hated it when he used my full name that's when I knew he was serious. Well, semi-serious.