Chapter 40

~Reign's P.O.V~

This week has been hell.

Pure and utter HELL.

I thought that it couldn't get worse than last week. Last week was when I, out of anger, told my then current boyfriend, Zayn Malik, that his ex-best friend, Harry Styles, was the known father of my unborn child. When Zayn found that out he then promptly told me that he slept with his ex-girlfriend, and another girl unknown to me. The next day after he drove off and left me in the middle of nowhere, which was partly my fault because I refused to ride with him, he confronted Harry, and told my best friend Kimberly, whose current boyfriend is Harry.

Yup. She took that cheating bastard back, but refuses to talk to me.

It's has been a whole week since that very eventful week and the next week wasn't any better.

Around every corner of the school. Every crack and crevice, people were talking about it. Much less it.

They were talking about me.

It's like as soon as I walked into school and someone saw me they'd immediately begin talking about the fight and how I'm a 'cheating slut.' No one knows the real story, what really happened and why I'm pregnant by someone who isn't my boyfriend. Granted the story isn't all that better than being a cheating slut, but it is, in a way, 'better' for people to know the truth instead of throwing around these really hurtful comments.

I walk into school after my dad drops me off almost around seven. He now knows about our breakup. He wasn't as mad as I thought he was going to be. He did say that we were going to the kitchen to get a knife and told me that we were going to his house to 'chop off that little monster,' but he seemed more upset about the whole him cheating on me thing. He told me he trusted him and he broke my dads trust. Mine also.

My mind is taken back to now, where I roam the hallways trying to bypass all the people who whisper nasty things about me to their friends, and some who didn't mind saying it out loud. I ended up traveling upstairs which ultimately wasn't smart because there were way more people up here on the second floor than downstairs.

As soon as one person in the groups of friends spotted me they all turned to me and began talking, and laughing. I tried my best to bypass them, until a girl comes up to me and stops me dead in my tracks.

"Hi! I just wanted to ask you something," She says her voice smooth as he pushes her hair behind her ears. I don't say anything I just watch her. She looks back at her friends before turning back to me.

"How does it feel to know that you, Reign Summers, are one of the biggest sluts on campus?" She says loud so her group of friends behind her can hear. Her smile now turned sinister she walks past me knocking into my shoulder purposely, as her friends do the same. Roars of laughter can be heard from the groups that witness the interaction. I just continue my walk to my class, becoming quite accustomed to the insults.

I turn the corner to the nearest hallway to my class, hoping that the worst of the insults are done for the day, but I become skeptical as two girls walk by me saying 'slut' and 'whore' before not giving me a second look.

"Hey!" I hear behind me and a boy walks up to me, I don't know him but I know he knows me. Everyone here knows me.

"I was thinking maybe you like to hang out later," His smile looked sincere, but his intentions are evil, I could tell. I turn away from him and toward my class and he grabs my arm.

"I just want to have a nice time with you, if you know what I mean," He says in a disgusting sensual tone and I snatch my arm from him.

"You're sick," I say and start to walk towards my class.

"And you're a whore," he called to me and I stopped. I turned back to him to say something to him, the tears threaten to spill from my eyes from the mounds of insults piling up inside me, but before I could someone else decided to chime in.

"Now that's no way to speak to a lady," Someone behind me says I turn around to see a familiar, unwanted, face.

"Mitchell?" I say more angry than surprised at his sudden appearance. I hate the fact that one of the people I can't stand the most had to come to my rescue like I'm some damsel is distress. The boy scoffs.

"She's a slut, that's the farthest from a lady you can possibly get," Mitchell rolls his eyes the looks back at the guy.

"Beat it," Mitchell turns back to me and the guy laughs.

"Or what?" The guy crosses his arms. Mitchell smiles and turns back to face the guy.

"Listen I got kicked out of my last school, I'm not trying to get kicked out of this one. So if you know what's good for you, beat it," Mitchell stared at the boy, for a minute before the guy walked away. Mitchell looked to me a smile on his face. And I scoffed and turned around not wanting to have anymore contact to him.

"What? No thank you?" I hear him say behind me and I stop in my tracks. I turn back to him the scowl apparent on my face.

"Thanks, but I don't need your help," I turned away hearing a small thud but no caring anything about it just wanted to get as far away from him as physical possible.

'Reign...Reign!" He called me and I groaned and turned around. His hands were held up as if I was a police officer about to take him.

"Your wallet fell out your bag, I just wanted to know if you wanted help getting it," He said a smirk on his face as he pointed to the wallet on the floor. I groaned as I stomped over to the wallet laying on the floor, but Mitchell snatched it up before I had the chance to bend over and pick it up and handed it to me. I grabbed to but he held on to wallet so we both had a hold on it. I looked  up to him, his face serious.

"I just want to help Reign," I pull on my wallet getting it out of his grip.

"No thank you," I turned and walked into my classroom, disregarding the look the teacher  was giving me and sat at my desk, not looking forward to this day at school.
_____________________

Oh! Mitchell is back around! What do you guys think will happen now that Zayn is no longer around and Mitchell has a bit of opportunity to win back Reigns heart?

Love you guys!

Vote & Comment!!

~Shay :D