Chapter 43

~Reign's P.O.V~

I stepped out of Mitchell's car and hurried towards the doors of the school, and I slowed my pace as I got inside. That couldn't have been his car. He can't be here...right? He got kicked out...right? I look around the school lobby and I don't see him, maybe it's just my imagination, because the last thing I want is to do is see him and have those emotions flowing back to me. I look down and instantly curse myself for putting on this dress, its just so damn comfortable, and those maternity pants are so scratchy and I didn't feel like putting up with them.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and my body freezes afraid of who could be behind me. I turn and I see Mitchell and his stupid grin, I groan and he chuckles.

"Yes Mitchell?" I say to him trying not to roll my eyes, even though it comes as a natural instinct when I'm around him.

"Oh nothing really, I just thought you might need this," he said holding up my book bag. I feel my back just now realizing it wasn't there. He hands it to me and I contemplate how I'm going to put it on and he laughs."May I?" He smirks and I groan again handing him my bag and turning around so he could assist me in putting it on. He holds my books and helps me get my bag on and I turn back around and thank him. I hold out my arms for my books but he holds on to them.

"You know, I can carry your books for you,"

"You know as fantastically gross as that sounds of gonna have to pass," I say grabbing a hold on the books but his grip is tight.

"You know you are always so mean," he smiles and even though I can normal avoid his infectious smile this time I can't and I begin to smile too.

"You know Reign, I-"

"Hi," I look over and glossy caramel eyes stare back at me.

~Mitchell's P.O.V~

She stares at him and he stares back between her and I. This is him. That guy who tried to fight me at the park a few weeks ago, his hair has grown insanely long since then.

"Hey Reign," he says to her and her grip on the books is gone completely. I take them and I hold the books under my arms as she looks at him. She looks like she wants to say something but she's totally shocked to a point where she can't speak, and I know the feeling. Back that day at the park the fact that I saw the first girl I ever loved in the arms of someone else and pregnant by that person, it was hard for me to comprehend that after what I did to her she actually moved on. To be completely honest I never wanted her to get over me, as selfish as it sounds. I have to do something though.

~Reign's P.O.V~

Is this really happening?

Is he really right here in front of me?

I feel like speaking. I went over and over what I would say to him in my head if we ever spoke again, which was inevitable, but now that he's here in front of me my mind has gone completely blank, and I just stare not sure what to do next.

"Hey, what's up," I hear next to me as Mitchell puts my books underneath one of his arms and sticks his other into his pocket.

"Who the hell are you?" Zayn says with anger laced in his voice, and I'm surprised when he doesn't realize who Mitchell is. Mitchell laughs.

"Wow, you wanted to knock me out like three weeks ago at the park, but now you don't remember me? It must've been an eventful three weeks for you bud," Mitchell smirks at him and then glances to me before returning his gaze to Zayn. They didn't notice, but people around us were slowing to a stop trying to capture every word said so they have a story to tell later. Zayn furrowed his brow for a few seconds and I could see when the realization hit his face. He looks to me before looking back at him.

"You. You're the ex boyfriend." He said shifting his body over to his direction. Mitchell sucked in a deep breath.

"If you really want to go there, technically you're the ex boyfriend,"

"Watch it," Zayn took a step In his direction.

"Watch what? You don't scare me,"

"I'll beat you senseless," Zayn's grip on his backpack tightened.

"For what? You're fighting for something you already lost buddy, and newsflash, she doesn't need a bodyguard, the only thing she should be protected from is you," Mitchell glared at him and Zayn did the same. Zayn chuckled, and dropped his backpack on the floor and began to take a step towards Mitchell, and that's when my legs decided to kick into action. I stepped in front of him putting my hands on his chest to keep him from fighting Mitchell.

"Move." His eyes were fixated on Mitchell.

"Zayn-"

"I said-"

"Take me to class?" He looks down to meet my eyes, but he looks back up to Mitchell's smug look on his face. He again tries to walk around me.

"Please, Zayn?" His eyes meet mine again and he takes one more glance at Mitchell before I feel his body relax under my hand. He walks backwards and snatches his bag off of the floor and takes my hand in his and basically pulls me away from Mitchell. We walk for a second before he releases my hand and goes back to Mitchell. I watch him carefully, knowing if he hasn't calmed down completely I might have to intervene. Zayn walks back to me with my books in hand and I look at Mitchell and his face is pale. We share a quick look before he turns away. Zayn rejoins his hand with mine and we continue to walk not without being watched by the entire school.

~Zayn's P.O.V~

That kid is lucky.

Like The Luck of the Irish lucky.

I was two fucking seconds from making a permanent mold of my fist in his face. I look to Reign as we walk to her class with her hand in mine. I'm surprised she hasn't tried to pull her hand from mine yet, maybe she misses me like I miss her.

"Reign-"

"Don't." She snaps, and I am taken a bit back.

"What's wrong?" I ask her and she snatched her hand out of mine. Guess I spoke too soon.

"What's wrong? What's wrong is the fact the fact that you're still you, you haven't and will never change. For a moment I guess I held on to the fact that maybe there was a slim glimmer of hope that you would see your stupid mistakes and learn from them, but your still that ignorant, childish boy, that I'm stupidly still in love with," She covers her mouth.

Did she just say that?

Did she say she still loves me?

I lean down to try and kiss her and she pushes me away.

"Oh my god no, are you serious? Did you listen to one word I just said?" She groans.

"I did, you said you loved me,"

"I wish I didn't," she looks away from me and just as I had a bit of hope she crushed it. She stepped on the tiny flames the tried to survive in the cold winter that is my heart.

"I don't want...to see you again, even though I know it's inevitable. I just...I just want to get over you, once and for all."

"Reign..." I grab a hold of her hand but she drags it out, and with that walks away from me and into her class.
___________________________

I've had this chapter ready for like 3 days and I just kept forgetting to upload it! Sorry 😅😅

🙊🙊👀👀