Chapter 29

~Zayn's P.O.V~

I reached the top of the stairs tiptoeing slowly not wanting to disturb her father who just entered his bedroom. I knocked quietly on her door.

"I'm going to bed in a minute dad," She said loud enough for me to hear and I shake my head. I knock again and I hear shifting in the room. I lean against the wall by the door and wait for the door to open.

"Dad I said I'll go-" She starts looking at the floor. She runs her hand through her hair and looks up at me and her mouth is agape. I smile at her and she jumps to put her arms around my neck and pulled me down into a hug. I laugh a bit hugging her back tighter than usual. I walked forward as we were still hugging pushing her back into her room. I closed her door and locked it then returned to her embrace.

I could still feel it, I'm not sober. If I was I wouldn't be stumbling so much as we stood in one spot. She groaned under my lips and placed her hands on my chest and began to push away from me. I held on to her tighter and she groaned again pushing harder. I loosened my grip and she stumbled back wiping off her mouth.

"What?" I said annoyed.

"You reek of alcohol," she said disgusted. I groaned.

"So?" I said looking back at her with the same nasty look that she has on her face now.

"So? So? Seriously Zayn, why are you being such an asshole lately?"

"I'm not being an asshole, I'm a teenager. I'm having fun," i retorted sounding a bit slurred.

"It would've killed you to tell me you were going to a party instead of lying to me?" She yelled in a whisper.

"Well I didn't tell you because you would've killed my vibe," I said laying on her bed ignoring her disapproving looks.

"Your 'vibe'?" She asks crossing her arms. "Well excuse me if I'm in your way of picking up other chicks Zayn," She scoffed and began to walk to the door. I got up and grabbed her hand and held her from leaving the room.

"Zayn, let me-" I pulled her into a hug regretting letting my still drunken side talk for me.

"I didn't mean it.." I said softly. She rested silently in my arms for moment before she pushed me away.

"No..I'm sick of this. You say you're gonna quit smoking, quit drinking, saying you can stop when you want but you don't fucking want to!" She says getting mad. Here we go.

"Reign I-"

"Stop. I prefer to live in my imagination, where you actually keep your promises," she held out her hand to stop my advances toward her.

"Reign..I'm trying but its harder than it look-" Her eyes go wide.

"What happened at that party?" She asks me suddenly.

"W-what?" I stutter. She stood there watching me knowing that I heard her questions perfectly. I put my hand on the back of my neck rubbing it lightly. She crossed her arms knowing exactly what the gesture meant. I was nervous.

"I..I-I don't remember," I lie and she silently nods her head.

"Get out," She says pointing at her door. I open my mouth to talk but end up biting my lips instead of speaking. I walk to the door shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Reign-"

"Leave. I'm not gonna stand here and watch AND listen to you lie to me to my face," She slowly crawled back into bed covering her whole body. I sighed and left the room on unbelievably bad terms.