#39 Sterek

Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since I last updated this story, so I figure it's time I update again.  And what better way to kick off the new updates for this book than with a classic Sterek one shot.  Sorry it's been so long, I've just been busy with school work and my other stories.  Thanks for sticking with me on this story and I'm going to try and start updating this one shot book more often again.  ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{DEREK'S POV}

I sighed as my hands tightened and lossened on the steering wheel of my car.  It was about 10:30 at night and Scott had call this morning to ask me to come help him down in arizona where he was visiting family.  Aparently trouble seems to follow him wherever he goes, and in this case he seems to think it's vampires.

I was orginally going to come alone, but Stiles insisted that I take him along with me.  If I had to choose Stiles best trait, I would hands down say it was his loyalty to his friends. 

I peered at him through the corner of my eyes taking in his slim hunched figure.  I saw the small trembles coursing his body and suddenly felt a bit bad.  Being naturally warmer than humans, I hadn't realized how cold it was in the car.  I quickly reached forward and blasted the heat.  I was thankful that he stopped shivering after a minute or two, but the silence was deafening.

Stiles still refused to talk to me after 3 solid hours of driving.  That's a new record of silence for him, but I guess that's kind of my fault.  I wasn't exactly nice about his wanting to tag along on the road trip to save Scott's ass.  It's not that I hated him, it was quite the opposite actually.  I actually worried about Stiles' well being a lot, not that I would tell him that.

I was startled when the car suddenly sputtered to a stop from it's constant 45 mph and I looked down at the dash with widened eyes.  Great, did I seriously forget to fill the tank in the last town.

"Great" I heard Stiles sigh frustratedly from his seat.  I gritted my teeth, turning to him in the now still car.

"You didn't have to come you know" I snapped at him.

"Scott's my best friend Derek" he snapped back at me.

"and we would've been perfectly fine without having to protect your ass" I blurted without thinking and immediatly regretted it as the words left my mouth.  His jaw dropped in slight shock at my words and I could see the hurt that he was hiding behind his eyes.

"Wow Derek, why don't you just tell me how you really feel" he muttered, swinging the door the car open, climbing out, and slamming it behind him.  I sighed in frustration as I too jumped out of the car, completely forgeting about shutting the door.

"Stiles!" I cried after him in guilt as I hurriedly began to follow his lanky figure down the road.

"Leave me alone Derek" he growled, waving me away as he continued on further.

"Stiles come on, you know I didn't mean it that way" I pleaded.

"Yes you did Derek!  I know you think I'm always just in the way" he sputtered, spinning around and throwing his hands in the air "and I'm sorry if my caring screws you the hell up because all I'm good for is being the freaking damsel in distress or a useless pawn."  I stopped mid step at his words.

"Is that seriously what you think I see you as Stiles?" I cried out "a damsel in distress?"

"I don't think Derek, I know" He stated venomously.

"Stiles, that is the farthest thing I have ever heard from the truth" I explained passionately "your the brains in the opportation.  Maybe you don't have the strength or speed of a werewolf but you are far from being useless.  Without you our pack would be nothing.... we'd all be dead after rushing into somthing without your research or strategic plans."  Stiles shoulders and face seemed to sink as my words hit him in waves.

"So if you think even for a second that your useless, then your lying to yourself" I stated in a softer voice, now standing right in front of him.

"Those are some pretty positive words for the sourwolf who hates my guts" Stiles gulped seeming suddenly nervous.   I slowly rested a hand onto his soft cheek before lowering my lips to his, and being rewarded by him not pulling away.  When we finally pulled apart I rested my forehead on his.

"Does that feel like someone who hates you?" I whispered with a smile.... and he immediately smiled too.... before he took his turn to kiss me......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here is another addition to Teen Wolf boyxboy one shots.  Hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again soon!  ^_^