#56 Scott/Theo

"He's not normal William.  I'm nervous just being in the same room as him" my mom's voice traveled through the wooden door to the kitchen.  I just stood there blank faced as I listened in on my parents who though I was in bed.

"He's just an eight year old boy Carla, you can't be serious.  He's our son" Dad reasoned.

"He killed her, he killed our daughter.  I just know it" she whispered heatedly.

"and what proof do you have?" dad defended.

"You can't sit there and tell me that you didn't see the look in his eyes when the police were pulling her body out of the river.  The fascination in his eyes at the idea of death" she insisted "He's not okay, he's not sane."  There was a long silence, just the sound of tense breathing.

"He's our son, we have to care about him" dad offered weakly.

"But how are we supposed to care about him when he doesn't have the capability to care about anyone" mom reason.....

"You killed my smore" Scott's voice broke me from my memories.  I looked up from my spot toward the edge of the yard that I had wandered over to.

"I didn't do anything" Stiles smirked, raising his hands up in an innocent gesture.  I watched them for a minute before I dropped my gaze with a sigh.  Yes I was invited to the pack meet up, but it didn't automatically make me part of the pack.  The way that they looked at me said it all.  They didn't trust me.  None of them did.... none of them but Scott.

I leaned my back against a tree, crossing my arms over my chest, gazing at the others roasting their marshmallows over the fire.  Is it wrong for me to say that I want that?

"Theo, why aren't you over by the fire with us?" I heard Scott's inviting voice, and I rose my head to meet his eyes with a disheartened smile.

"I'm not sure I'm exactly welcome" I shrugged.

"Oh come on, that not-" he started but I cut him off.

"Don't say it's not true, because you know as well as I do that it is" I grunted "they don't trust me, and why should they?  I've never given them a reason to."

"But you haven't ever given them a reason not to trust you either" he offered "I trust you and you haven't broken that.

"You shouldn't.  They're right you know.  You shouldn't trust me" I muttered as I began to pace down the grassy lawn.

"Why are you always so hard on yourself.  It's kind of depressing" he offered.

"Because my parents were right" I rolled my eyes in sadness "I don't have the capability to care about anyone.  They were..... right...."  I sank down into the grass, wrapping my arms loosely around my knees.  By this point, we were at the back of the house, out of sight of the others.

"How could they say that to you?  They're your... parents!" Scott stated exasperatedly. 

"They were just being honest" I shrugged "besides, they didn't realize I was listening in either."  There was a brief moment of silence before Scott finally just stood up.

"So I finally convinced you that I'm bad news?" I quizzed curiously after his retreating figure.  He turned to me with a shrug.

"I don't know, I guess that's what fate has to decide" he offered before turning around, but he hadn't even made it two steps before he stumble and fell to the ground in a heap.

"Scott!" I called out worriedly, as I shot to my feet and ran over to him.  Knelt down beside him only to find that he was laughing in amusement.

"Are you drunk or something?" I asked confused, even though I knew it was impossible for a werewolf to be drunk.

"You just proved your parents wrong" he stated simply and I rose an eyebrow at him questioningly, so he continued.

"Well, you cared enough about me to come running when I fell" he shrugged as he pushed himself up onto his elbows.  His face inches from mine and I couldn't help the small smile that tugged at my lips.

"Well I guess you got me there" I whispered.

"You're worth trusting Theo... if I know one thing for sure, it's that" he breathed, his minty breath brushing my face.  We sat there for a few seconds before I shot a hand out, grabbing his chin and closing the distance between us.... and he quickly kissed me back....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so there's another one shot.  Sorry it's been so long but I hope you all enjoyed.  Thanks so much for reading and I'll try and update again really soon!  \(^_^)/