#53 Miam (Mason/Liam)

I rushed to the school in a jog from Stiles jeep.  I knew I was going to be in some deep shit with Mason, especially since this wasn't the first time that I'd let him down.  I turned the corner just in time to see Mason leaving the school.

"Hey" I huffed slightly out of breath from running.

"Hey" he sighed.

"Sorry I'm late" I apologized guiltily.

"Oh, no, you're not late.  You missed it" he stated bitterly "I worked out.  For two hours."

"Yeah, I know" I sighed "I forgot, and I'm going to tell you why."  I was about to tell him, tell him everything, but he just shook his head at me, causing the words to fall away.

"You just don't get it Liam" he finally snapped.

"I don't get it?  Get what, Mason?  What are you talking about?" I asked in frustration that I had even gotten myself into this situation.

"You.  Didn't.  Come." He stated in a calm anger "you didn't show up."

"I'm sorry dude" I sighed "I-"

"Yeah, you forgot.  I know" he sighed bitterly "just like every other time we were supposed to hang out these past few weeks."

"Look, I've forgotten a few times.  I realize I've been a bad friend lately, but I don't see how it's this big of a deal."

"This big of a deal?!" he said in exasperation "this big of a deal?!  Liam, I-!  I love you!  That's what you don't get!"  I froze at his words.  They were the last things I expected to hear him say tonight and yet there they were, hanging in the air between us.  I couldn't manage to say a single word.

"I'm just going to-" he started, but abruptly stopped mid sentence, his face contorting into fear.

"You're going to, what?" I finally managed to get some words out.

"There's a wolf" he whispered and I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What?" I quizzed confused.

"There's a wolf right behind you" he stated a bit louder and I found myself freezing in fear as well, before slowly turning to see a sleek black wolf a few feet behind me.

"That's a wolf" I muttered, before we both took off running into the school.  Mason was only a few steps in front of me, and I heard the wolf gaining on us quickly.  We were never going to out run this thing, it's too fast.  So as we reached the stairs, I stopped.  I took a deep breath, then turned around fast and let out a big roar in the wolfs direction.  My teeth were elongated, my ears pointed.  The wolf's steps faltered to a stop, before it turned tail and ran.

I stood there tense for a minute before I let it all leave my body and my features slowly began returning to normal as I turned to see a shocked looking Mason, half way up the stairs.

"There's something I gotta tell you" I finally spoke firmly and his jaw just dropped as he immediately spoke up.

"You're a werewolf" he blurted with a half smile and half shock.  I pursed my lips as I slowly started walking up the stairs to him.

"Well, that for starters, yes" I smiled softly "but also this."  And I kissed him, grabbing his slender waist in my hands and I felt him go rigid in surprise, before he too, smiled into the kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's another one shot.  I hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading.  I'll try and update again really soon.  I got the inspiration for this one shot after watching the second episode of teen wolf season five, obviously, because some of the dialogue is the same.  ^_^