#38 Liam/Derek

I sat at the back of the classroom, putting every bit of will power I had, into trying to focus on my schoolwork.  Though, admittedly, it's kind of hard when your teacher is the sexy Derek Hale.

Stop it Liam.  You and Derek broke up, remember?  I need to get over my stupid infatuation with the guy.  He's just a guy.... a seriously hot guy, with rock hard abs and sexy stubble.

"Ah hell" I muttered under my breath.

"Is there something you like to share with the class Mr. Dunbar?" Derek prodded and looked up to see him staring at me challengingly.  I ground my teeth together in frustration.

"Nothing, just working on the questions" I gritted through my teeth.  Derek nodded his head with an amused look on his face and it was in that moment that I had a few choice words I wanted to say to him.

Why does he have to be such a dick?  Why can't he just except that I need my space?  I'm sorry if I hurt his precious little ego, but seriously?

I felt my body shaking slightly in anger and my claws digging to come out.  I knew what was coming next and I was desperately trying to control myself.  It was a losing battle.

"Why don't you all take an early lunch" Derek suggested urgently as I heard his footsteps coming my way.

"But Mr. Hale, it's only 9-" a girl started to point out, but Derek cut her off.

"Go" he growled and I could feel the sweat beading on my forehead.  It only took a minute for the class to empty and go silent.  The only sound was Derek's breathing and my growling and snarling.

"Liam, listen to me.  You need to calm down" Derek stated sternly.

"What do you think I'm trying to do" I yelled through clenched teeth.  I heard Derek sigh, though it was barely audible through the sound of blood pumping in my ears.

"Liam, breath with me" he pleaded, taking a slow deep breath, waiting a second, and then blowing it out.  I tried to do as he said but it was already too late.  I lept forward to tackle him in my fury, but he was quick to push me back up against the wall.

"Calm yourself" he growled commandingly as his eyes flashed that familiar crystal blue of theirs and I finally felt my anger begining to subside as I let myself sink to the ground against the wall.  I burried my face into my knees with a sigh.  I sat there for a minute before I felt Derek sink down beside me.

"I can't deal with all of this" I whispered softly, but Derek easily heard due to his heightened senses.

"Liam" he sighed, placing a warm comforting hand on my cheek but I pulled away like it was a dagger.

"Don't Derek, just don't" I murmured.  I need a break from the werewolf drama.... and that drama includes you.  I looked at him out of the corner of my eye.  His shoulders seemed to sink but his eyes were full of understanding.  Derek slowly got onto his feet and crouched in front of my small figure.

"I love you Liam" he stated, looking me straight in the eye "and if it's a break you need, then I can wait, but don't you hesitate to call if you need me because I will always be here for you."  With that, he kissed my forehead and I couldn't help the way my eyes instinctively shut and my shoulders sank in comfort before Derek stood up, helped me up, and made his way toward the front of the room.

It took me a minute before I shot forward, grabbing Derek's hand in a tight grasp.  I spun him around crashing my lips up onto his, wrapping my arms around his neck.  He didn't hesitated in kissing me back, eagerly might I add.  When we pulled apart, it was too soon.

"Maybe I don't have to cut out all the werewolf stuff" I breathed.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I know this is a short one, but I thought you guys deserved an update.  Sorry it's been so long since I've updated a lot of my stories but I've been really busy lately.  I'm going to try and update more often for you guys but I can't make any promises.  I'll try and update again soon.  Thanks for reading guys and I hope you enjoyed!  ^_^