#19 Isaac/Peter

{ISAAC'S POV}

I sat upon my suitcase as I waited for the bus to arrive at the stop.  It had to be about midnight, but I just couldn't take it anymore.  The constant death, the constant danger, the constant stress.  It was all just too much.  I had to get away from it all and I didn't have the heart to tell Derek.  I knew Derek kind of viewed me as a little brother since I'd been living there and I didn't want to say goodbye.

I'd miss everyone here, that's damn sure.  I'd miss Scott, Stiles, Derek, Lidya, Allison, Ethan, Aiden, and hell, I'd even miss Peter as annoying as he is.  There's just something about Peter that can keep you sane.  It's like no matter how bad the situation is, he always seems to keep a calm joking demeanor.  I sighed as I stood up from the suit case.

I think I might even miss him the most.  He was always there for me in a way.  The nights when Derek was away dealing with his and Scott's constant fights, and I was plagued with nightmares, Peter was there.  He'd wake me up and he wouldn't even bring up the dreams, we'd just start talking about anything that came to mind.  What cereal we liked, why the sunset always makes the sky look like it's on fire.  In a way, it was kind of the best thing he could do.  Anyone else would've asked me about the nightmares causing me more trauma, but not Peter.  It's like he knew that it was a touchy subject without me even saying anything. 

I'd never admit this to anyone, but I actually enjoyed Peter's calming company.  He could make me forget about the constant death that always surround us.  He could make me forget about the constant threat of danger that always loomed around us.  He could almost make me forget what my dad had done to me when I was younger, but my nightmares always made sure to come back and remind me.  I shuddered at the thought as I pulled my jacket tighter around me.

Eventually the bus pulled up and I just stared in uncertainty as the bus doors opened.  They revealed your stereotypical fat old guy driving the bus with 1 o'clock shadow that you always see in movies.  I bit my lip as I just looked at him.

"One way trip to New York" the bus driver stated "are you getting on or not?"

"I, uh" I gulped, and then nodded, unable to form the words.  It was a struggle getting my suitcase up the stairs and down the small hallway, but I eventually stuffed it into the overhead compartment and took a seat.  The bus stunk of Tabaco a rusty metal.  I scanned the bus but only spotted a tall lanky guy sleeping in the back with a mean looking dog sat next to him.  I sighed and turned back to the front only to jump ten feet in the air when  a voice spoke up from the seat beside me.

"Trying to run away?" Peter's familiar voice quizzed and I turned to face him with a hand over my heart in hopes of calming.

"Damn it Peter, can't you warn a guy before you show up out of nowhere" I huffed, still trying to catch my breath "Look, what are you doing here."

"It's nice to see you two Isaac" Peter stated, slightly amused.  I just rolled my eyes at his joking demeanor.

"You aren't going to get me to get off of the bus" I informed him with all seriousness.

"Yeah, I kind of figured that.  That's why I've decided to come with you" he shrugged "you and I both know your going to need me to look after your ass so that you don't get it killed."  I gave him my signature annoyed look before running a hand through my hair.

"and what makes you think that I want you along" I pondered with annoyance.

"Maybe the fact that the one thing that you are trying to run from, will never go away" Peter offered "You might have yourself tricked into thinking that your running from the werewolf stuff, but in reality I think deep down you know what you are truly trying to run from."  I pursed my lips as I fought back the memories and turned my head from him.

"Isaac you may be able to suppress the memories, but they are going to constantly find new ways into your head, and you and I both know that" Peter stated firmly "look, I'm not saying this to try and get you to turn back or to open up.  I'm saying this because I care Isaac."  I felt my breathing get heavier and the tears starting to form as I was suddenly pulled into a memory.

"GET IN THERE YOU SON OF A BITCH!" my dad screamed at me and I coward back against the wall as his hulking figure started to get closer.

"I don't want to" I whimpered in a soft and weak voice, but obviously he didn't here it or he chose not to because the next thing I knew he slapped me and I fell to the ground cradling my cheek as hot tears burned their way down my cheeks.

"Come on you worthless piece of shit" my dad muttered as he grabbed me by the wrist and began dragging me to the white metal box.  I began screaming and pulling as hard I could against his grip.

"No!  NO!" I cried out as I tried scrambling away but my dad just kicked me in the gut causing me to fold into myself just long enough for him to stuff me into the box and lock me it.

"No, NO!  Let me out!" I screamed as I began banging on the top of the box.  My breathing got heavier.  I can't breath, I can't breath, I can't breath!

"HELP!  LET ME OUT!  No, No!  Please!" I yelped desperately, taking in breaths to no avail.  I can't breath!

"Isaac please listen to me, you are fine.  You are here with me, not locked in a box.  You are fine, do you hear me?  You are fine!" Peter chanted, but none of it was helping my situation.  I still couldn't breath.  I could feel myself starting to lose consciousness when suddenly Peter pressed his lips to mine.  I closed my eyes for a minute, hearing Peter's frantic sputtering.

"God damn it Isaac, don't you die on me!  Don't you dare die on me!  I love you Isaac, you can't die on me" Peter growled as I felt him move me to the bus floor and start doing chest compressions on me, and that's when my eyes flew open and I took a huge gulp of air before panting rapidly.

"Isaac!" Peter cried as he rushed down and enveloped me in a hug.  I could just barely see the worried bus driver standing to the side.  I brought Peter rubbing the back of my neck in a caring way, and instead of being weirded out or repulsed, I was actually filled with a happy warmth, and was quick to hug him back.

"So what's this I hear about you loving me?" I quizzed in a whisper and I felt Peter tense up for a second before he relaxed again. 

"I have no idea what your talking about" Peter stated firmly, but I could hear a bit of nervousness in his voice "I think you're starting to hallucinate."  At that point Peter pulled away and I leaned toward him.

"That might be so" I shrugged "but if it makes a difference.  I'm staying here."  I suddenly stood up and grabbed my bag from the overhead compartment.

"Oh, and I love you as well" I smirked as I made my way toward the front of the bus, but I hadn't even gotten two steps away when Peter grabbed my wrist and spun me around, pulling me into a kiss as he ran his hands through my dirty blonde locks, and I was in bliss....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys, so here is the Peter/Isaac as suggested!  Hope you all enjoyed and I really hope to write another oneshot soon!  ^_^