#15 Sterek (Stiles/Derek)

{STILES' POV}

"Stiles, are you okay?" Scott asked concerned, as we were released from our last class of the day. I sighed as I pulled the strap of my backpack a little tighter.

"I'm fine" I shrugged "just a bit tired is all." Scott pursed his lips as if he didn't believe me.

"It's alright to be upset, to not be fine all the time Stiles" Scott stated softly "I know watching Derek leave last month just about killed you." I flinched at his words, they brought up too many painful memories.

"I said I'm fine Scott" I growled at him before storming away, I didn't want to talk about it. Talking about it only seemed to make it worse.

I exited the school and began walking towards the woods, not having a particular destination in mind. I was just walking. I pulled my jacket tighter around my torso in an attempt to fight off the cold chill of the winter air. Every time I closed my eyes the bitter memories played out in my head. The night Derek decided to leave.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

I was curled up on Derek's lap watching some action movie, but all I could concentrate on was Derek. The feel of his arms around my body and his chin gently rested on my head. It was a picture perfect moment.

I knew something has been bothering Derek lately. It showed even now, his jaw tight as his eyes stayed locked on the screen. He was upset. I eyed his lips hungrily but Derek made no move to even look at me. Sighing I leaned up and placed a small kiss his lips finally drawing his attention away from the movie. He smiled kissing me on the cheek and then went back to watching his movie. I frowned and my shoulders slumped at the lack of energy he showed.

I slowly pulled out of his arms and climbed to my feet. I began picking my coat up off the ground when Derek finally spoke up. He had quite a confused look on his face.

"Where are you going?" He quizzed curiously.

"Home, it's obvious that you don't care to have me over" I sighed as I started toward the door and Derek was on his feet in no time grabbing my right wrist.

"You can't just leave" he pleaded "just stay, I'm sorry Stiles."

"What's wrong, you've been so distracted lately?" I asked in a sad tone "I hate seeing you so distant."

"Nothing's wrong, I just haven't been getting much sleep lately due to some werewolf drama" he shrugged and I could tell immediately that he was lying. I sighed as I pulled out his arms that he had wrapped me in yet again.

"Don't sit there and lie to me Derek, I can tell that something's bothering you" I grumbled "either you tell me or I'm leaving."

"Maybe that's for the best" Derek whispered to himself and I just barely caught it. It hurt to here him say that about me leaving.

"So you want me to leave? That's what you want?" I asked incredulously with a hurt tone "fine, I'll leave. If that's what you really want then I'll just go home." I turned back toward the door trying to fight back tears, but the tears were winning. I felt them slowly sliding down my face as I took my first step when Derek grabbed my wrist yet again, spinning me around and wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Stiles you know that's not what I meant" Derek sighed "it's just that I'm not very good at goodbyes." He slowly brushed his finger on my cheek to wipe my tears away and then he kissed my forehead.

"What do you mean you're not good with goodbyes" I whispered through my slow tears. Derek closed his eyes in what was his way of calming himself.

"Stiles, it's not safe for you when I'm here" Derek sighed and I felt my heart skip a beat "I have to leave." He leaned down to kiss my head again but I pulled out of his embrace.

"W-what do y-you mean you you you have t-to leave?" I stuttered as my tears started to flow more.

"Stiles" he sighed, reaching toward me but I pulled away "I have to leave, you're safety means everything to me. As long as I'm here more dangers will come."

"No *gulps* no! you can't just leave me! you can't." I choked out between sobs and I just stood there shaking.

"Stiles" he pleaded with a sullen look.

"Look, if this is because I'm not ready to say I love you, then I'm sorry Derek" I sobbed "I fucking love you just please stay!"

"Derek, if we're going to go, we have to go now" chanted Cora as she skipped down stairs and froze at the scene in front of her. My jaw dropped as I turned back to face Derek.

"Tonight? You're leaving tonight?!" I hiccuped "when were you even planning on telling me?"

"Stiles" he sighed in sadness.

"Oh my god, you were never planning on telling me were you?" I said exasperated "you were just going to leave me to figure it out on my own. Oh my god." I ran a shaky hand thought my hair before I just turned around and sprinted out the front door to my jeep.

"Stiles please wait, let me explain!" Derek chanted as he ran after me, but I climbed in my jeep, started it, and drove away. It wasn't until I was home that I sank to the floor of my room..... And cried my eyes out.....

~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~~

I closed my eyes as I pushed back the memories and tried to focus on the sound of the snow crunching under my feet instead. The soft sway of branches up above. The whistling of the wind all around me.

As much as I hate him for leaving, I miss him. With all of my heart I miss him, everything about him. How the sun lit up his face. How I seemed to be the only one that could make him laugh. I miss his soft kisses and his warm arms. The way he was always so protective of me. I miss the late night movies at his house and how I learned he was a hopeless romantic at heart. I love him, I know that now. I love him and I miss him and now he's gone forever.

I leaned up against a tree when the lightheadedness started to take effect. More so than anything though, I miss the small things. The hugs and the kisses. The smile that lit up his face. I missed it all. I never new how much it all mention until he left. I shuddered but not from the cold. I shuddered from the longing, why did he have to leave.

I've had enough of this pain and longing. He's probably having the time of his life somewhere with some other guy... Or girl for that matter. Maybe he didn't even care about me, maybe that's why he left. A stray tear slipped from my eye and I was quick to brush it away. I let out a blood curdling frustrated scream before sinking down into the snow at my feet.

It hurts. It hurts so fucking much and I can't stand it. I hate it. I try putting a strong face on around all my friends, telling them I'm five. I works most of the time, except for when it comes to Scott. He knows better than to believe my lies, and he's like the annoying brother that keeps bringing it up. I love Scott and all, he's my best fried, but I really wish he'd stop bringing it up. It just makes it all the more painful and-

"Stiles?" A voice sounded from in front of me, and I'd know that voice anywhere. The one voice I'd thought I'd never here again. I looked up to see Derek's looming figure in front of me, and I did the only thing I could think to do. I stood up and ran the other way. I tripped a few times and the third time it happened I went hurdling toward the ground, but a pair of muscular arms caught me.

I struggled against his grip, desperately trying to get away but it was no use. Though that didn't do much to stop me for trying anyway. I wasn't going to let myself go through it again.

"Let me go!" I screamed "you can't do this to me, you have no right!"

"Stiles please just listen to me" Derek begged "I need to explain!"

"Stop stop! Just let me go!" I cried in a weak pathetic voice.

"Sties please just let me say something" he pleaded.

"I can't let you do this! I can't talk to you because it will hurt to much when you leave again!" I said finally letting the sobs break through my lips as I stopped struggling and slumped in his arms. I hurried my face in his shirt as I sobbed.

"You think I'm going to leave again?" He quizzed with a sad tone "Stiles this whole month has taught me that I can't love without you. Stiles I love you so freaking much! The only reason I left was because I had guy after me and he was looking for all my weaknesses. If he would have discovered you and went after you it would have killed me."

"Do you think I cared!?" I sniffled into his shirt "you left me behind, you hurt me Derek."

"I know that Stiles and I'm sorry" he sighed "I messed up and I'm willing to do anything to make it up to you."

"Kiss me?" I suggested in a soft voice and he just smiled as he leaned down holding me tight to him and kissed me like there was tomorrow. I tangled my fingers through his now messy hair and he had his arms wrapped around my torso picking me up a few inches off the ground. When his lips parted from mine I felt a small giggle escape my lips and I covered my mouth with my hand. Derek just chuckled at the startled and embarrassed look on my face.

"I love you Stiles" he promised "and I'm not going anywhere." I bit my lip as I looked up at his sincere face.

"You've got a lot of apologizing to do" I smiled "but I love you too sourwolf." He laughed and again he began to kiss me....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so this one shot was inspired by the song From Where You Are by Lifehouse. It's an amazing song.