#12 Scott/Derek

{SCOTT'S POV}

I got home right after school and grabbed the mail as usual.  As I walked through the front door I began flipping through the pieces of mail in my hands.  Junk, for mom, Junk, junk, for mom, oh my college letter!

I set all the other mail down on the counter as I dove into the couch and began ripping it open.  I was super confident this was the one.  Sadly, all the other colleges I'd wanted to go to had rejected me but this was the last and final one I'd applied for, I had to get in right?

I pulled the piece of parchment out of the envelope and skimmed across its contents with a sinking heart.

Dear Scott McCall,

            We are sorry to inform you that you have been rejected from our college.

I couldn't continue to read after the first line as the letter fell from my grip to the floor.  Rejected.  I've been rejected from every single school I applied for.  I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them tight.  I felt empty.

Stiles and I were always imagining what the college life would be like.  Too bad the only way I'll know is through stiles stories.  I balled my hands into fists as I pulled myself off the couch and headed outside.  I sprinted into the forest shifting as I went.  I didn't particularly know where I was going, but I didn't care.  I just needed to blow off some steam.

***

I had been running around in the woods for about and hour before I finally collapsed onto the forest floor letting out a frustrated scream.  Why does this have to happen to me?  What did I do to be rejected from college?  Oh that's right, I became a fucking werewolf.  It's not my fault that Peter freaking Hale decided that he need a new pack.

My grades began dropping due to late nights of drama.  I couldn't pay attention in class.  I kept forgetting about my homework.

I drove my fist into a tree and then pulled it back with a cry of pain as the splinters drove their way into my skin.  I looked down at my bloodied fist as I watched the cuts fade to nothing.  I gently rested my forehead onto the tree with a tired sigh.

"What's the big problem this time?" I heard someone sigh from my side and I looked up to see Derek standing there as he usually did.  He always seemed to find me when I needed a friend the most these days.

"It was the last college Derek.  The last fucking college" I stated in a sad frustrated tone "they rejected me."  I watched a concerned from form on Derek's lips.

"Well you could always go to a community college for a year, get your grades up, then go to college" Derek suggested supportively and I buried my face in my hands.

"What's the point in that, there's always going to be drama here in Beacon Hills.  There is always going to be a new enemy" I grumbled "I'm never going to catch a break."

"Oh really, who's the enemy right now?" Derek quizzed as he took a few steps closer to me.

"Well it was the Alphas-" I started but Derek cut me off.

"But the alphas are gone, I asked who the threat was right now" he stated calmly.

"Well, no one really, but it's only a matter of time before there is a new enemy" I countered firmly "but lets just face it Derek.  I'm going to be the one person that stays here in this stupid town while every single one of my friends leaves me behind and most likely forgets about me.  Everyone is going to leave and I'm going to be on my own."  I had just finished my rant when Derek pressed my back into a thick tree behind me.

"Who says I'm going to leave, who says I'm going to forget about you?" he asked in a husky voice and my voice started speeding up at the close proximity.

"I, well, uh.  Last time I check, you didn't exactly like anyone" I stuttered, not able to think with his breath fanning my face, it was quite minty.  What the hell is happening to me, why am I reacting this way to Derek.  He's stubborn, mean, and an ass most of the time.  Hell, he's a guy.  I'm not gay am I?  But if I'm not gay, then why do I suddenly want to know what his lips feel like on mine.

"Well I can assure you that even if everyone else in your life leaves you behind... I sure as hell won't" he stated before pulling away and my heart sank at the loss of contact.  A shiver went down my spine as I watched him begin to walk away.  What is happening to me?

"Where are you going?" I shout as I stand there frozen, watching his figure walking away.  His steps falter when I ask the question, until he stops.

"I don't want to keep you out too late" Derek shrugs "you've got school in the morning."  I felt a longing growing in my heart with every step he took.

"What if I want you to keep me out late?" I blurted without thinking and I immediately felt a hot blush rise to my cheeks.  Derek stopped dead in his tracks as he turned to face me.

"What was that?" he quizzed with a surprised look on his face and I was suddenly very embarrassed.  Why did I have to say that, of course Derek isn't going to return the feelings that were all so new to me.

"I, um....I, uh" I stuttered, but was unable to form a full sentence.  My heart began speeding up as Derek took long strides to close the distance between us.

"Are you nervous?" he quizzed as he brushed a finger over my cheek and I closed my eyes at the shiver that traveled through me "you can tell me, I won't judge."

"I, I want you to, I want you to" I was going to repeat what I said earlier but my heart decided to but in instead "I want you to kiss me!"  My cheeks grew hot as I flashed my eyes to the ground in embarrassment.  Hell, how do I always seem to get myself into the worst situations.  I waited for Derek to start yelling or running away but nothing of that sort happened.

Instead, he actually took my chin between his two fingers and made me look up at him.  Instead of blowing up in my face, he did something that had never even imagined.  He kissed me, and I kissed back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so I know it's been quite a while but I finally updated!  yay!  ^_^