#17 Scott/Stiles

{SCOTT'S POV}

"What am I doing here?" I groaned quietly to myself as I looked at couple beside me drunkenly grinding to the music.  I tore my eyes from them running a frustrated hand through my hair as the music from the stereo boomed in my ear.  The strobe lights were starting to mess with my eyes and the giant crowd of people wasn't exactly helping the whole 'enjoyment' of the party.

The fact of the matter is that Stiles has always wanted to come to one of these high school parties, but we never get invited to them.  Honestly I would've been fine going my whole life without attending one of these things.  Anyway, needless to say, when Stiles heard that someone from another School was throwing an open invite party he was about to explode with joy.  He begged and begged for me to come with him and like the great friend that I am I gave in.  That was my first mistake.

My second mistake was letting Stiles get drunk as fuck.  Watching him stumble all over himself was quite entertaining but it was obvious that he was going to eventually get himself hurt, so I told him we were going to leave.  He freaked out and ran off on me.  My third mistake was that I didn't chase after him.

I was fed up.  He gets completely hammered and expects me to keep him in one piece.  Him flirting it up with the girls who were standing right beside their macho boyfriends, and me having to talk to the guys so they would beat his ass.  Me having to catch him every time he almost fell down the stairs.

I was sick of playing baby sitter for the majority of the party, so when he ran I just stood there and let him.  I know it was stupid of me seeing as he's bound to get himself into some deep shit, but I was just done.

I was done with baby sitting him.  I was done with all of the sluts throwing themselves at me.  I was done with the strong scent of beer attacking my nose.  I was done with the loud music that was killing my ears, and I was definitely done with all the people dry humping everywhere.  I was done with everything about this party...... and yet I stayed...... for him.

As pissed as I was at Stiles for getting drunk, when he promised me he wouldn't, I just couldn't find it in me to leave him here by himself.  I always felt so damn protective over him and I had no idea why.  I knew I shouldn't even have come to this damn party, but I knew Stiles would have come anyway, and that's the reason why I came as well.  I wasn't about to let him come to this thing alone.

I had no idea why I felt this way anyway.  I mean he's 17, he can take care of his damn self, but something in my head refused to let me accept that.

I eventually pushed myself off of the wall I had been leaning against and made my way over to the stairs, the one place I saw him go when he ran off.  I had just reached the bottom of the stairs when this girl that couldn't be any older than 15 appeared out of nowhere.

She was dressed in a really tight short skirt and a shirt that showed way too much cleavage and stomach.  I don't know why but everything about the girls that threw themselves at me during the party just repulsed me.  Hell, I wasn't even very attracted to Allison anymore.  I have no fucking idea why.

"Hey hottie" she purred in a drunken slur "what'd ya say to me and you going upstairs and finding an open bedroom?"

"I'm going upstairs, but not with you" I snapped and she pulled away from playing with them hem of my shirt to look at me in shock.  She probably isn't used to being turned down, but I don't give a shit because all I could think about was finding Stiles and getting out of here.

"I promise you won't be disappointed babe" she cooed "I'm really great at what I do."  She tried to seductively unbutton my shirt but I just slapped her hands away.