#26 Stiles/Mr. Harris

{STILES' POV}

"Don't worry about it Scott, I'll be in and out of the teachers lounge before anyone even thinks to look for me" I assured "besides, I have to stay after for detention with Harris anyway."

"Since when do you have detention with Harris today?" Scott quizzed confused.

"Well I don't, but do you really think he's going to let me go home without one?  Have you met Harris?" I stated bluntly and Scott smirked slightly.

"Well you do have a point there" Scott chuckled "but seriously Stiles, I don't think you should risk it.  We can find another way."

"You said it yourself Scott, if the teachers see the pictures on Kira's phone, they are going to start asking questions" I insisted "and that is literally the last thing we need right now."

"I guess" Scott sighed as we walked into Harris' room and the bell rang "just... just be careful okay?"  I turned my head to face him and I could see genuine worry in his eyes.

"I'll be fine Scott" I promised "I always am, but I'll be careful if it'll stop you from being such a worry wart."  I shot him a grin and he just stuck his tongue out at me.

"McCall, Stilinski!  To your seats before I mark you absent" Harris called out in a strict tone.  I let out a heavy sigh as I made my way to the back of the classroom with Scott.  I dropped my bag onto the desk and rested my head on top of it. 

Mr. Harris started going on and on about something I couldn't care less about and I had just started to doze off when a hand came slamming down on my desk.  I jerked upward grasping at my chest to calm my erratically beating heart as I looked up into the cold green eyes of Mr. Harris, and I couldn't help but notice a slight gentleness behind it all.

"I'd highly suggest you pay attention Mr. Stilinski" Mr. Harris stated calmly before pulling back, but the tone in which he said it sent a chill down my spine.  It was stern but there was a hint of something else in it that I couldn't quite pin point.  I shook the thoughts from my head with a sigh as I pulled my notebook from my bag and silently pretended to take notes as I made doodles in the margins.

The whole block went by fairly quickly and I was surprised at the end to realize that Harris hadn't given me a single detention.  This is literally the first time in history that this has happened. 

"Mr. Stilinski, I need to speak with you before you leave today" Mr. Harris called out as he sorted out papers on his desk.  Ok maybe I stand corrected.  I knew it was too good to be true that he wouldn't give me a detention.  Scott gave me a questioning look and I just waved him off.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I shrugged as I shoved my notebook into my bag and swung my bag onto my shoulder.  Mr. Harris didn't even bother looking up as I made my way to the front of the room.

"So what did I do this time?" I sighed as I stood a foot from his desk.

"What do you mean, all I said is that I wanted to talk to you" Mr. Harris offered.  I quirked an eyebrow up at him.  Is he saying that he's not giving me a detention.

"So you aren't giving me a detention?" I quizzed.  He just pursed his lips as he folded his hands over the papers on his desk.

"I could, but then what good would that do Stiles" he sighed "detention has lost it's effect on you and I'm at a loss of how to help you anymore.  You have so much potential but you waste it all when you sleep in class Stiles."  What scared me the most is that he seemed genuinely concerned about me.

"And that matters to you why" I stated bluntly as I reached a hand up to rub my neck.  It wasn't until now that I noticed his glasses were slightly crooked and my fingers itched to just reach forward and fix them.  There is seriously something wrong with me.