#57 Thiam (Theo/Liam)

{THEO'S POV}

I stood outside the enclosed Library with a smug smirk on my face.  The sound of crashes and growls were like music to my ears.  It was really happening.  I was getting rid of Scott, getting him out of the way, and by Liam's own doing to make it even better.  My boyfriend getting rid of my competition.  As many times as he claims he's not into Scott, I know better.  But after this I won't have to worry anymore.

I was startled by the sound of footsteps coming down the hall and I spun just in time to see Mason running toward the library doors when he stopped dead in his tracks seeing me.

"Theo, have you seen Scott.. or Liam?  Hayden is dying-" Mason started and I cut him off with a roll of my eyes before putting on my fake mask of caring.

"Oh god, are you serious.  Shit, Liam needs to be there.  I think I saw him following Scott out to the parking lot.  I think they were planning to get Hayden's sister together" I offered "I wish I could come with you but... I have some business to attend to."  Mason looked uncertain, before he shook it off and turned on his heels back the way he'd came.  It wasn't until then that I noticed there was no more crashing or growling coming from the Library.  Had the deed been done?

I ducked into the library only to see Liam pinning Scott to the ground.  His claws extended into the air, but he was hesitating.  I ground my teeth that the loyalty of it.

"What are you waiting for?!  He's the reason Hayden is dying!  End him!" I snarled from behind and I watched him shudder.  I half expected him to throw the final blow when he slowly stood up from his position on Scott, his eyes blinking in shock.

"No... No Theo, I can't.  Why would you- Why would you say something like that?" he gasped, getting a grip back on his wolf control.

"Why would I say that?  Why would I say that?!" I scoffed with a dry laugh "like you don't know."

"Like I don't know what?  What the hell are you getting at Theo?" he demanded.

"It's the whole reason I've done what I have done this past month at all Liam, for you" I purred, taking a step toward him.

"I'm... sorry?" he rose a brow in confusion.

"The night I saw you in the tunnel that night Liam, I knew it.  I knew I had to have you" I explained, a possessive smile pulling at my lips.

"I-" he started in exhaustion before shaking his head and turning towards Scott's limp figure "God, Scott.  I'm so sorry, I'm an idiot."  I felt my anger flare up as he began to lean toward Scott and I grabbed Liam, pressing him up against one of the bookshelves.

"What the hell Theo?!" Liam yelped.

"Stop it, stop caring about him.  You can't care about him, you aren't supposed to care about him" I growled in his face "you're supposed to care about me."

"I can care about both of you at once Theo, but at the moment your making it hard to care about you" he grumbled pushing me off of him.

"That's the problem Liam!" I burst with anger "you think you can care about everyone all the time.  Mason, Hayden, Scott.  But you can't, you can only care about so many."  Liam slowly turned back to face me, a blank look on his face before it fell into sadness.

"Is that what you think?" he whispered softly, catching me off guard by how gentle he sounded.

"Wh- what?" I stuttered at a loss.

"You think that I can't care about other people because it'll take away from how much I care about you" he accused softly, taking a few steps to close the distance between us.  I just stayed silent, a lump in my throat at the closeness.

"When are you going to learn that care about you more than anyone Thee..." he smiled shyly "Thee, I-"  He broke off, biting his lip nervously.

"Liam" I sighed.

"Look, I know that I used to have that crush on Scott, but I'm over it now.  He's just a friend and even if that wasn't the case, having me kill him wouldn't be that answer" he offered sadly.

"When did I have to fall in love with the heroic good guy type" I smiled softly, pulling him into a gentle hug.  I felt him kiss my cheek.

"Did you just say love?" he breathed in my ear and I froze as I realized that was what I'd said.  I quickly pulled away, taking a few steps toward the library door.

"No, you're right.  Never mind.  I'm stupid" I sighed in embarrassment "you're too good for me anyway."  I was almost to the door, when I felt him small arms wrap around my waist tightly.

"I love you too Theo, I was just afraid you wouldn't say it back until now" he murmured into my shoulder and I smiled.  Spinning around and pulling him close and placing a kiss on his lips.

"I love you" I tested the words once again and he chuckled happily.

"I love you too" he grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's another one shot.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again really soon.  Thanks so much for reading!  ^_^