#55 Briam (Brett/Liam)

{LIAM'S POV}

"Seriously Stiles, do we have to go clubbing tonight?" Scott sighed tiredly as he lounged out on his bed.

"Yes seriously" Stiles rolled his eyes as he tossed the a button up shirt at Scott's face "I've already got Liam here to agree to go, but it won't be the same if you aren't there, so get dressed."

"So what am I, stale cheese?" I quizzed a bit offended that Stiles didn't think that I was good enough to go with by myself, but I still understood his friendship with Scott.  It was the same way I was with Mason.

"Mmmm, no.  You're more like the bag of chips in a lunch meal" Stiles offered "They are really nice to have with your meal, but it wouldn't be a meal without the sandwich" he pointed to himself "and the drink."  He gestured to Scott.

"What kind of chips does that make me?" I joked "am I more of a Dorito or a Sun chip?"

"I'd say you're more of a-" he started but was cut off by Scott.

"Okay you guys, I get it" Scott groaned with a chuckle "And anyway Stiles, I haven't warn this shirt since freshmen year."

"So it will cling tighter to you chest" he shrugged "It'll make you more attractive to the ladies."  Scott just rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Fine" Scott sighed as he stood up "but I'm not wearing this shirt."  He pursed his lips as he walked over to his closet and pulled out black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.  Game on.

***

As we entered the 21 and under club, the music was blasting so loud in my sensitive werewolf ears that I was sure they were going to burst.  The strobe lights flashed brilliant colors, blue, red, yellow.

"I'm going to go get a pepsi!" Stiles shouted over the loud music and cheering.  I nodded and turned to talk to Scott, but he had already been swallowed up into the crowd.  I let out a sigh as I slid my way into the crowd, standing in the middle of sweaty dancing bodies, before I just let go.  I started dancing, jump, cheering with the rest of the people.

I was having a great time, dancing so much I could feel the beads of sweat dripping down my forehead.   I was so lost in the body shaking music that I was caught off guard by the husky voice in my ear.

"Might I interest you in a drink?" I heard the whisper and spun around, startled, to see a guy stood there.  To be honest, he wasn't too bad on the eyes.  Jet black hair, dark blue eyes, stubble.  He had to be at least 5 years older than me.  Way to old, but the hormones running through me from the club atmosphere said differently.  I smiled, giving him an eager nod as I let him grab my hand and lead me out of the crowd of the people to the 'bar.'

It wasn't truly a bar.  Being the 21 and under club, it only sold non-alcoholic drinks like pop and juice.  The guy gave me his best sexy smile and I just gave him a goofy grin back.

"What should we order?" I quizzed curiously.

"Well, to be honest, I didn't really drag you over here for a drink" he whispered seductively in my ear "I had some other... more fun plans in mind."  I felt his lips brush my neck and I jerked back slightly at the closeness.  I wasn't sure how I felt about this.

"Come on baby" he grinned at me, dipping down, this time his lips catching mine in a kiss before I started pushing at him.

"No, I, I can't" I whispered, though this guy was persistent.  He locked his lips with mine and pushed me back against the counter, and I couldn't find the strength to push him off of me.  Not that I wasn't strong enough, it's just that the rational part of me didn't want this, but the hormonal part of me did.  Only a few seconds passed before the guy was being pulled off of me, quite harshly.

"Did you not hear the guy, he said back off, ass wipe" I heard a familiar voice, and took a me a minute to come back to earth before I put the voice with a name.  Brett.

"Who do you think you are tough guy" the stranger from just a minute ago threatened.

"Guys, please don't" I pleaded, not wanted a bar fight of all things to be because of me.

"Who do I think I am?" Brett scoffed.  I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment at the situation.

"Brett, don't" I sighed.

"I do believe I'm Liam's boyfriend, do you have a problem with that" Brett threatened and I let out a sigh as all the memories came flooding through the barrier I had build up.

"I can't do this" I muttered "have fun with your fucking testosterone fight."  I pushed past the both of them, making my way out of the club.  I took a deep breath as I finally made it out into the cold chill of the October air.  I leaned up against the club wall, wrapping my arms around myself.  Despite my werewolf heat, I still found myself shivering.  Though I don't know if it was from the cold or from the memories.

"Liam" I heard it, but I didn't have it in me to look up at his figure leaving the club.

"Liam, please" he begged "please look at me."

"You didn't have the right" I muttered at him before raising my voice "you dumped me, remember?!  You don't have the right to call me your boyfriend anymore Brett!"  I pushed off the wall, walking further into the parking lot.

"I made a mistake" he called after me.

"Yeah you did" I shot back at him "you shouldn't have jumped in at all."

"No, not tonight" he countered "I made a mistake breaking up with you in the first place."  That froze me in my steps, him a few feet behind.

"Then why did you?" I finally whispered.

"I had no choice, you don't know the whole story" he stated softly "I didn't want to drag you into the pack drama."

"I'm a freaking werewolf, Brett!" I yelped, spinning on him "how much deeper can I get in the freaking drama!?"

"Because I killed someone!" he snapped back at me and we both went silent.  I was in shock at his words, I didn't know how to respond.

"Because I killed a freaking 14 year old werewolf girl, and how..." he voice cracked and I watched him blinking furiously as if trying to hold back tears "and how was I supposed to expect you to forgive me when I can't even forgive myself."  Every muscle in my body wanted to go comfort him, but I was still frozen.

"She was about to kill Greer.... my pack member" he choked out "I only meant to push her off.  I didn't mean for her to slam her head into the wall.  To slam her head into the wall that heard.  I didn't mean to kill her.  I killed her."  I bit my lip, but he wasn't looking at me anymore.  His gaze was cast down at the asphalt of the parking lot.  It was the sight of the single tear falling to the ground that broke me.

I hurried forward, pulling him into my arms and let him rest his head in the crook of my neck.  We fit together in ways that you wouldn't think looking at the two of us.  Even though he was a foot taller than me, the hug was still comfortable.  I finally lifted his head in my hands.

"I forgive you" I whispered softly.... and he fell apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here is another one shot.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and post another one soon.  Thanks so much for reading!

P.S. This one is dedicated to my friend Cakes_butt ^_^