#31 Stisaac (Stiles/Isaac)

{ISAAC'S POV}

"You know, in hind sight, maybe we shouldn't have thrown Derek a surprise birthday party" I shrugged nervously as my eyes trailed over to Derek's aggravated stance in the corner "he looks just the slightest bit pissed."

"Well in his defense, he's not much of the party type" Scott offered.  I looked around at the blue and green party decorations thrown up everywhere and the stereo playing Lady Gaga in the corner.  We'd only invited the few people that Derek tolerated, that being Stiles, myself, Scott, Aiden, Ethan, Allison, Lydia, Peter, and Danny.  It seemed like a decent party when we first thought it up, but now that I see it, it's kind of terrible.  Derek is sulking in the corner, most of the invites are standing in the living room conversing, and I'm in the kitchen with Stiles and Scott trying to figure out how to liven things up.

"Oh come on guys, we can't give up so easily" Stiles offered "this party still has potential."  I smiled at Stiles attempt to try and stay positive when Scott and I are just about to give up.

"And what potential might that be?" Scott quizzed with a disbelieving look on his face.  Stiles just bit his lip and scrunched up his features into that all to familiar thinking face of his.

"Um" Stiles sighed "how about the cake, we got it from that really good bakery down town right?"  I nodded with a shrug in agreement.  The bakery was supposed to be one of the best in the area, but then again our area isn't necessarily the best at making cakes.

"Well then let's light the thing up and get this party going strong" Stiles insisted and Scott seemed to see no better ideas, as he agreed.  We all hurried over to the fridge removing the big rectangular marble cake with chocolate frosting from the middle shelf.  On top was a picture of a full moon made with frosting and happy birthday Derek written in fancy black script.

"See, this cake is going to brighten everyone's mood" Stiles stated confidently as he groped around in the utensil drawer for some candles.

"I'll go get Derek and everyone around" Scott offered as he left the kitchen.

"So, are you going to tell me what's been on your mind lately?" I quizzed as Stiles finally found the box of candles and came back to the table to put them in the cake.

"What do you mean?" Stiles asked as he began inserting the candles into the cake in the shape of a 22.

"All week all you've been talking about is throwing this huge party for Derek" I pushed and Stiles raised and eyebrow at me in question.

"So?  Is it wrong to want to throw a birthday party for a friend?" Stiles shrugged as if I was accusing him of something, which I guess I was in a sense.

"You're the one who's obsessed with making this party perfect, it's almost as if.... it's almost as if you like him as more than a friend Stiles" I offered and Stiles face scrunched up in disgust.

"Trust me, I don't like Derek" Stiles sighed.

"Then why are you doing this Stiles?  Why are you going to all the trouble of making this party perfect?" I quizzed getting really annoyed and I had no idea why.

"I told you, I'm just trying to throw a good party for a-" Stiles started but I cut him off.

"Oh don't give me that crap Stiles.  Don't tell me that your just doing this for a friend because I can tell you right now that's a lie!" I was close to shouting "You know I won't judge you if you say you like Derek!" It almost hurt me to say the last part, it was like a stab in the heart.

"And I already told you that I don't like Derek like that.  I can't like Derek like that" Stiles argued, getting just as angry.

"Why not, why can't you like Derek like that?  No one's stopping you!" I grumbled.