Chapter Seventy-One

"I still can't believe we are finally finding out the gender," Josiah said rubbing Naomi's stomach as he drove. They were on the way to her appointment and they were told they could find out the gender.

"We can have the gender reveal in two days. Both of our parents have been wanting to work on it" she told him looking up from staring at her ring.

She was still in shock that she would be Mrs. Maelburn. It was still so new to them both and they decided to wait until after their gender reveal to announce it.

The plan was to announce both the pregnancy and engagement. She couldn't hide the huge diamond on her finger and it was even harder to hide her stomach.

"I think it's a boy," he said causing her to laugh. He has been saying this for the longest and Naomi had a feeling.

"I am team healthy, I'll love him or her regardless of their gender," she said placing a hand on her round stomach.

"I already love this little person so much," he said glancing at her stomach before paying attention to the road.

"In less than four months we will be holding our baby" she smiled. She never saw this happening to her, just last year she was on the streets and now she found her soulmate.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks her breaking her out of her thoughts.

"I want to take a trip to Brazil for our honeymoon," she said staring straight ahead.

"Really?" he asks her and she nodded her head.

"We could go to Cancun," he said to her but she refused.

"I want to go to Rio," she said as they pulled up to the doctors. This was a private doctor and was also the Maelburn and Hutchinson family doctor.

He walked around and opened the door for her.

"Thank you," she said and he kissed her forehead before wrapping his arm around her waist.

Naomi signed in and they took a seat. There were not many people in the room which made things easier for them.

"Naomi Patterson" she heard and looked up to see her doctor.

They both stood up and Josiah walked behind her and held the door open for her.

"Thanks, baby," she said and walked over to the bed.

"Are you excited to find out the gender?" she asked them while setting up the equipments.

"I am, am just really nervous," Naomi said rubbing her hands together.

"Team girl or boy," the doctor asked and Josiah chuckled.

"Team boy" he answered and she started laughing.

"Typical men" she joked waving him off.

"What about you mama?" she asked turning to Naomi.

"I was team girl at the beginning, but now I just want our baby to be healthy," she said laying flat on the bed.

"Ok, let's see who gets their wish and that is a beautiful diamond ring" she complimented.

"Thank you," Naomi said looking at Naomi nervously.

She did the normal check-up before proceeding to apply the gel to Naomi's stomach.

Naomi shivered at the contact before taking a deep breath. Josiah stood beside her and held her hands and they both looked at the screen.

"Looks like little one doesn't want to tell mommy and daddy the gender" she laughed before moving the transducer around.