Chapter Thirty-Nine

"I can't believe that Josiah finally asked you out" Jillian grinned while walking inside Naomi's apartment.

"I was mostly shocked, "Naomi said as they took a seat on the couch.

"When is the date?" she asked crossing her legs.

"That's why you are here to help me choose an outfit" Naomi replied causing Jillian to squeal.

"Wait, how long do we have?" Jillian said hopping off the couch.

"He will be here at eight"Naomi shrugged causing Jillian's eyes to widen.

"What!" she shouted while pulling Naomi to her room.

"We need to start getting you ready now" she going into the bathtub and ran a warm bath.

"We have time," Naomi said trying to delay things but truthfully she was nervous.

"No, there is a lot that we need to do. So while you are in the bath I will be choosing your outfit" Jillian told her and Naomi just followed her instructions.

She sat in the bathtub and bubbles surrounded her body.

After she got out the shower she wrapped a towel around herself and placed on a matching bra and underwear.

She placed her robe on and went to her vanity area where Jillian was waiting. Jillian removed her hair out of the two buns she was wearing and started prepping it.

It took her almost an hour to finish pressing her hair. Her hair fell to the middle of her back when Jillian was finished.

They went back into her room and she saw the dress that Jillian placed on the bed.

"Woah," Naomi said looking at the dress.

"Don't you think it is a little bit too much?" she asked and Jillian laughed.

"Girl this dress is so pretty Josiah won't be able to take his eyes off you," Jillian said and Naomi nodded while going to place it on.

"My baby is growing up" Jillian teased when Naomi stepped out the bathroom.

"You look beautiful," Jillian said starting to take pictures.

"Thank you," Naomi said pulling her into a hug.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang and Naomi's heartbeat picked up.

"You got this" Jillian said as she made her way yo open the door.

Jillian could be heard talking to someone and Naomi slowly made her way out the door and into the living room.

She stepped into the living room and immediately she wanted to turn around.

Josiah was standing next to Jillian looking as handsome as ever. He did not wear his usual suits but instead, he went for the leather jacket look.

Naomi noticed him staring her up and down which caused her to blush.

"Awe look at her blushing" Jillian teased and Naomi wished the floor would just swallow her.

"Off you go" Jillian continued while going into the kitchen.

Josiah took long strides to Naomi and placed his index finger under her chin.

"You look beautiful," he said and she gave him a big smile.

"You look handsome" she replied and he smirked with a little wink.

He placed a soft kiss on her lips before she wiped the lipgloss from his lips.

"Come on let's go before we are late," he said looking in her eyes.

"Have fun" Jillian shouted from the kitchen. They made their way to where Josiah parked his car.

He opened the door for her and then he got in and they made their way to their first destination.

The car pulled up to this very expensive looking restaurant. The thing that confused Naomi was the fact that their car was the only one outside.

"Are you sure it is not closed?" she asked and Josiah chuckled lowly.

"Not for us," he said going to open the door. He handed his keys to the valet standing outside and they made our way to the door which opens as soon as they were close to it.

When they walked inside there were rose petals and candles that led to the only table that was in the area.

"It's beautiful," Naomi said and that was all Josiah needed to hear.

"I was hoping you would love it," he said while having one hand on her waist and the other pulling out her chair.

"Thank you".

When she sat down he did the same for himself.

"This time I went for an English menu" he joked and they both started laughing.

"Awe? I was hoping to try those escargots" she joked remembering their time in Paris.

"Good because I ordered them especially for you"Josiah carried on. He watched her face as her eyes became wide and he couldn't help but laugh.

"Am just joking" he said and Naomi folded her arms with a pout.

"That was mean," she said watching him laugh.

The waiter came and took their drink order which was wine.

"It will be good I promise," Josiah said after Naomi told him her thought on expensive wine.

"I hope so" she replied and they dived into conversation.

"What is the plan?" he asked her and she already knew what he was talking about.

"Monica texted me that she will be here sometimes tomorrow" Naomi answered. She has been ignoring all the calls and texted messages from Monica and her son.

The plan was to invite both Monica and Christine to a restaurant with Najomi.

Naomi told him her plan and he was all on board. The rest of the night they enjoyed each other's company until their food came.

"Mhmm" Naomi moaned when she took her first bite. She opened her eyes and saw Josiah staring at her with wide eyes.

"What?" she asked after she swallowed her food.

"N-nothing" he responded while moving around in his seat.

Naomi did not catch on to what was happening so she continued to eat.

When they were done Josiah told Naomi that he had another surprise for her.

"I hope it's not another car," Naomi said and he started laughing.

"How did you know?" he said and she tried froze.

"Nope you are taking it back," she said in all seriousness.

"I am just kidding," Josiah said and she started walking again.

They sat in the car and the drive began to the last surprise of the night.

When they arrived at their destination Josiah placed a blindfold over Naomi's eyes.

He directed her to where she needs to go and then they stopped.

He removed the blindfold and Naomi gasped.

"It's beautiful," she said looking at the view. There was a cliff next to them and they took a seat where the picnic cloth was.

There were tons of deserts that they both knew they would not eat all of it.

They took a seat before starting to dig into the deserts.

When they were full they laid on their backs and stared into the sky.

"Thank you for tonight," Naomi said turning on her side to look at him.

"Your welcome," he said turning to stare into her eyes.