Chapter Forty-Two

"So are you scared of getting hurt or commitment?" Jillian asked Naomi. Naomi just broke the news that Josiah asked her to be his girlfriend.

"I was just nervous and it came out of nowhere" she tried to explain.

"Do you want to be his girlfriend?"Najomi asked looking at her twin. It was scary how much they looked alike but their personalities were different.

"I do but I have no clue why it was so hard for me to say yes. I like him" she replies while sitting on the bed.

"His birthday is tomorrow so maybe you can make your decision by then," Jillian said and Naomi nodded.

They have been planning for his birthday for a while now.

"And no one will be able to top that gift," Najomi said and Jillian agreed.

"How is the modeling going?" Naomi asked since she never really got to know.

"Good".

"Great".

Najomi and Jillian answered at the same time before they started laughing. They forgot that both of them were into modeling.

"I have a few photoshoots and I had to reject the ones for tomorrow" Jillian replied once the laughter died down.

"I should pop up and see you in action one day," Naomi said and Jillian shook her head eagerly.

"What about you Najomi? do you have any upcoming shoots?" Naomi asked her not wanting her to feel left out.

"Let's just say am taking a little break for now" Najomi replied to the question. She was very happy that she could have a conversation without any awkwardness or the fear of saying the wrong thing.

"Takeout or cooking?"Jillian asked heading over to the kitchen.

"Take out," the twins said simultaneously before looking at each other.

"Oh God, I hope you don't have that weird thing when you finish each other's sentences" Jillian sighs dramatically.

"I don't think so," Naomi said taking her phone from her pocket.

She received a message from an unknown number and she knew for a fact it wasn't Monica or Devontae.

Who is this?

She sent a quick message before placing her phone down.

"Chinese, Indian, Pizza, or Caribbean?" Jillian asked picking up the phone.

"I want some of everything if I am being honest" Naomi shrugs a little.

"Everything it is, "Jillian said before calling and ordering the food.

They all chose a movie before they were alerted that some of the food arrived. They all took trips to collect different foods.

They had a feast while enjoying chick-flicks and horror movies.

~

"So she rejected you?"Tony asked Josiah for the third time.

"No, I told her I will give her time to think about it since we are not in a rush" he clarified.

He didn't even get the chance to speak to her because she called in sick.

"What is the plan for your birthday?" Blake asked pouring himself some more wine.

"Night club" Josiah stated and they hyped him up.

"That's what am talking about" Tony smirked and they bumped fist.

"Have you spoken to our father?" Blake ask Josiah because things were not adding up.

"I went by the house a few days ago and Phylis said he was with friends. I called him a few times but he never picked up" Josiah said not thinking about it too much.

Johnathan was a busy man and often he would go out of the country for other businesses.

"I will go by to see him tomorrow" Blake added and they all agreed.

"I need a new receptionist," Josiah said and they stared at him in confusion.

"Oh," Tony said when he remembered the message that Naomi showed him when they were in the car.

"What happened?" Blake asked when Tony began to laugh hysterically.

"My current receptionist was filling in for Naomi and she added viagra to my coffee. Then she texted Naomi and said we slept together" Josiah said and his brother stared at him on shock.

"So did you?" Blake asked eagerly.

"No," Josiah said quickly without a second thought. That was something he would never do if he was in his right mind.

"I called it from the first night at the club," Tony said and the memory popped into Josiah's head.

"I still can't believe you are just going to sit back and let James ruin the company," Blake said shaking his head.

"I am not but I won't react now. He will be expecting that so I will wait until he is comfortable to strike. I don't even want the company but because it is important to the family I will do something" Josiah finally tells them what he was planning.

"Why don't you want the company?" Blake continued to ask and Josiah was becoming tired of all the questions.

"I run a billion-dollar company and the last thing I need is to be managing another company" he shrugs while getting up.

He wanted to text Naomi to see how she was doing but he wanted to give her space.

"You staying?" he asks both Tony and Blake who answered.

"Yea".

"Yes".

"Ok I'll see y'all in the morning," he said before making his way to his room.

He stared at the large bed before moving to his closet for some change of clothes.

~

Blake and Tony sat in the living room where Josiah left them. They waited until they knew he was far away before saying anything.

"Are we doing the water or both water and floor?" Tony asked and Blake had a mischievous grin on his face.

"Is he asleep?"Jillian walked into the house. They had to do this quickly because she had to make her way back to Naomi's apartment.

"Do you have the stuff?" Blake asked her and she showed him the makeup bag.

"Let's go because we need to wake him up at 12," Tony said and they silently made their way up the stairs.

Josiah was fast asleep in bed with one leg covered while the other was outside of the covers.

"What if he wakes up?" Jillian whispers Antony shakes his head.

"He won't" he replied and Jillian proceeded to add makeup to his face. She even used a marker to write and draw on his face.

"You didn't" Tony covers his mouth trying not to laugh when he saw what she drew.

"We have thirty minutes before it is finally 12," Blake told them and they left his room.

"I need to go before the girls noticed how long I have been gone," Jillian said hugging both of them.

"He will be furious".