Chapter Fifty-Nine

"Time is going by so fast," Naomi said while her head was on Josiah's chest. October came and flew by and the Maelburn Corporation had one of the biggest Halloween parties.

Josiah bought a huge venue for the event and thanks to his assistant, and girlfriend everything turned out perfect.

"How long has it been since we have been together?" Noami asked still in a daze.

"Almost three months" Josiah replied to her. They were having a very lazy day today and decided to do work from home. He also gave his employees the option on which many were happy to choose.

Josiah's phone started ringing and he answered it.

"Hey mom," he said hearing her voice.

"Hey baby, are you prepared for the storm?" he asks her and Josiah frowned in confusion.

" A storm?" he asks and she let out a breath.

"Yes, there will be a storm and it could last for three days," she said causing him to stand up.

"Is Naomi with you?" she asks and he nodded before realizing she couldn't see him.

"Yes she's with me" he replied and Naomi furrowed her eyebrows.

"Who is asking about me?" she ask Josiah.

"My mom" he responded while talking to Caralyn.

"Who asked about me?" Caralyn asked and Josiah wanted to end the call immediately.

"Don't worry mom we will take all the necessary precautions?" he said and the exchanged byes before ending the call.

"We need to go to the store and get somethings," he said and Naomi stood up from her position.

Naomi grabbed her small backpack and they both walked to the garage.

Andy and Rosa did not come in today simply because they decided not to go to work.

"I made a list of all the things we need," Naomi told him while typing on her phone.

"This is our first storm together," she said and it sounded like it was a good thing but it wasn't.

"Indeed" Josiah replied to her focusing on driving. The rain was starting to pour and there were heavy winds.

They finally arrived at the store and Josiah and Naomi both got out. He was about to open the door for her but she shook her head no.

The faster they made it inside the quicker they could be out.

"So we need extra flashlights, batteries, water, first aid kit toiletries, and canned foods. We also need a portable charger and let's get some games for when we get bored" she said reading off the things that she typed.

The store was overcrowded with people buying a lot of unnecessary things. But Naomi also bought a lot of unnecessary things when she went through the aisles.

"Is that all?" Josiah asked removing his card from his wallet.

"Yea" Naomi replied while picking some caramel M&M. That has been one of her cravens lately and now she finally got the chance to have some.

Josiah paid and they made their back to the car and the rain was now pouring heavily.

"This just brings back a memory," Naomi said staring outside her window. They met during a small storm.

"It does," Josiah said rubbing his hand up and down her thigh.

"I should check up on Cassy," she said picking up her phone. Cassy did not get the job she applied for but Josiah saw that she would be very useful in the IT department.

She sent her a quick text although her connection was awful. The winds were starting to mess up the internet connection and before they know it there will be a blackout.

"Do you love kids?" Josiah asked her out of nowhere. He knew he wanted kids and he wanted to be sure they were both on the same page.

He didn't plan on leaving her if she didn't want kids but he wanted to be sure.

"I adore them" she smiled. She always dreamed of having a daughter that she could dress up but that all went away when her life hit rock bottom.

"Do you want a boy or a girl first?" he asked her and without a doubt, she said a girl. Most people would say a boy hoping their daughters would have that overprotective brother.

"I want a boy," he said and they looked at each other laughing.

"Why?" she asks him.

"I have always wanted a son and he will also be the next heir to my company" he replied and Naomi furrowed her eyes.

"So, a girl can't be the heir to your company?" she asks him and Josiah hated to admit that it never crossed his mind.

"I mean she could but it is a billion-dollar company and there will be a lot of competitions. Other companies would try to use her being a female as a way to get something" he explained to her but Naomi was being stubborn.

"If we were to have a child and she turned out to be a girl. A few years later we have a boy, would you pass the company to the boy instead of the girl" she said as soon as she finished lightning struck across the sky.

"I-I" he stuttered and was very happy when she saw the gates to his house. He sped to the garage and opened it from inside the car.

All his cars were in the huge garage.

The storm could be heard from outside as the wind picked up.

Naomi walked to the back and picked up some of the groceries and Josiah brought in the heavy ones.

He saw her making her way upstairs and he quickly put the groceries down before running after her.

"Please don't be mad at me," he said placing his hand around her waist.

"I'm not" Naomi responded but Josiah could see through her facade.

"I love you," he said peppering kisses on her neck.

"Yea," she said trying to pull away.

"You don't love me?" he asks his voice becoming caught in his throat.

"I love you" she turned around to face him. After their moment was over he went and got the bags and brought them upstairs. There was nothing to be placed in the refrigerator and there was a high percent that the power would be out.

The thunder sounded and Naomi jumped slightly.

"I don't like thunder," she said covering her ears.

"I know what can take your mind off the noise" Josiah smirked and Noami wore a look of confusion.

"What?" she asked and he laughed.

"You".

This is just a filler chapter. I have been trying to keep up with my updating schedule which is every other day. I do plan on finishing this book by the end of this month. I have also been dropping small hints which might turn into something.