Chapter Thirty-Four

Today was the day that everyone was heading back to LA. They woke up bright and early so they could leave as soon as possible.

Naomi was still overjoyed after the celebration that she had yesterday. They boarded the plane all wearing comfortable clothing.

No one felt like being dressed up because for one they were still sleepy. Naomi didn't want to use the bed since she used it on the way here.

She got as comfortable as she could and placed her neck pillow around her neck. Caralyn had finally given her the phone but she was yet to turn it on.

She fell asleep just like everyone on the plane except Josiah and Blake.

Blake stared at his brother who seems to be in distress.

"Are you okay bro?" he asks and Josiah pondered over the question.

He had no clue how to answer the question because he couldn't tell if he was ok or not.

"I'll be ok," Josiah told his brother before Blake leaves and moves back to his seat.

Josiah checked his phone and saw that his lawyer tried calling him a few more times. He sent him a quick message before going back to check on Naomi's gift. It will be delivered to her apartment.

"Josiah" he heard his mother calling him and he looked around until he saw her.

"Yes mom" he replied and she motions for him to follow her. They entered the room with the bed and he took a seat next to her.

"So the other gift I have for Naomi is back home and I don't know how she will react to it," Caralyn said fidgeting with her finger.

"What do you need me to do?" he asked her and she thought about it.

"Take her to my house for dinner" she responded and he nodded.

"Mom, what exactly is her gift?" he said and Caralyn took out her phone and showed him the photo an old newspaper.

"This," she said pointing to it.

"How is an old newspaper her gift?" he asks in confusion not getting the point at all.

"Read it, Josiah," Caralyn said a little louder than before. He took the phone from her and started reading the headlines.

"No way," he said staring at Caralyn who was nodding her head yes.

"It is true. I knew from the resemblance the first time I saw her" Caralyn stated and Josiah quickly stood up.

"So who was it that she went to see?" Josiah asked Caralyn could not answer that question because she too had no clue.

Naomi woke up and saw that everyone was still asleep.

The flight attendants came around with food and everyone soon woke up and started to enjoy the food.

"Do you have any plans for later?" Jillian asked Naomi.

"Her and Josiah will be coming to my house tonight for her gift" Caralyn interrupted Naomi before she could speak.

"I am?" Naomi asked and Caralyn nodded her head in agreement.

They all joined in conversations talking about anything that came to their mind.

Naomi checked her phone and she had tons of missed calls from Monica and her brother. She even received messages from unknown numbers but by looking at the area code it was somewhere in Georgia.

"What does this lady want?" she asked herself and decided to open her messages.

The first one was wishing her happy birthday and the others were asking why she was ignoring the messages.

She texted a simple thank you before closing her phone not even caring about opening her brother's message.

The jet finally landed and they all made their way off.

"Home sweet home" Jillian said placing her arm around Naomi's shoulder. She had her phone taking pictures of them.

"Tony can you please take our picture," she asked handing him her phone.

He took the phone and snap pictures even the ones that caught them off guard.

"Thanks," she said and they were met with the security team Josiah hired.

They were escorted to the waiting cars and many people had their phones out filming.

Josiah and Naomi sat next to each other in one of the cars. She remembered him saying he had another gift for her but she didn't want to ask now.

"Are you okay?" she asks him placing a hand on his shoulder.

Josiah finally spoke to his lawyer who told him to meet at the firm because it was urgent.

"I need to meet with my lawyer" he responded and she became quiet before speaking.

"Good or bad?" she asks and he shook his head.

"He said it was urgent so it has a greater chance of being bad news" Josiah responded and Naomi agreed.

They finally made it to her apartment and everyone got out of the cars.

"What's going on?" she asked and Caralyn placed a blindfold over her eyes.

"Just follow my lead" she instructed and Naomi did just that.

They walked to the garage parking of the building and then everything became quiet.

Josiah was the only one who knew the gift that she got but everyone was shocked when they saw it.

"Can I take it off now?" Naomi asked anxiously wanting to see what the gift could be.

"1"

"2"

"3"

Naomi pulled the blindfold off and slowly opened her eyes. She stepped back and look at everyone before staring at the gift that was in front of her.

There was a beautiful blue 2020 BMW M6 with a bow on top.

"No way," she said staring at the car.

"It will be easier for you instead of taking taxis and ubers," Josiah said and Naomi squealed and ran into his arms.

"How can I ever repay you?" she asks staring into his eyes.

"I will think of something," he said although he already knew what he wanted.

"Thank you," Naomi said with a big smile. She went over to the car and checked it out and the interior was beautiful.

Everyone left giving Josiah and Naomi some privacy.

"It's beautiful," she said and Josiah took a seat on the passenger side.

"I added some extra features that I knew you would love," he said and she grinned.

This was her very first car but she had her license. She got it when she started working at the diner before she was fired.

"Let's go for a ride".