Chapter Fourteen

"But why do I need these?" Sam asked her company.

"Those will be needed for later on" the company answered and she nodded.

Sam genuinely liked Naomi but after seeing the close relationship she had with Josiah, she was not taking any chances.

"Okay," she answered pulling her baseball hat down.

"I heard that Josiah accepted the deal to merge companies," her company said causing her to frown.

"He has not held a meeting yet, so I am not aware of that" Sam responded.

Without replying the person got up and left the restaurant.

Sam placed everything in the bag that she brought along with her.

She received a text from Naomi asking when she will be back in the office.

After she outed Naomi's reason for drinking, she thought Noami would be bad at her, surprisingly she was not.

She quickly sent a text back saying she was on her way and left.

When she arrived at her work Naomi was sitting in the lobby on her phone. They still had a few minutes before lunch was officially over.

"Hey" she went and greeted her.

"Hey Sam," Naomi said with a smile than a frown.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked.

"I have decided to read the letter from my birth mother," Naomi told her.

"Oh that's great" Sam answered with a forced smile.

She was about to leave but then she remembered what she was told.

"Is it true that Mr. Maelburn has decided to merge with his father's company?" Sam asked.

"I am not sure yet but he received some files to be signed," Naomi said not seeing the look Sam was giving her.

"Oh, so when are you opening the letter?" she asked changing the topic.

"I was hoping you could come to my office after the staff meeting" Noami answered hopefully.

"Yes, I don't mind" Sam replied.

If she could get into her office then she will probably be able to look at the files.

They spoke for a few minutes before hearing Josiah over the intercom.

"All employees report to the meeting room" he repeated.

The meeting room was one of the largest room in the building. It was built to host all the employees that worked there.

Naomi and Sam made their way to the fifth floor where the meeting room was located.

Josiah handed Naomi all the files so she could pass them around the table. After she was finished she took her place right next to Josiah.

"A few days ago my father-" he stopped once he heard the door open.

"Oh, this is where everybody went" Johnathan laughed. The door opened wider and Josiah saw his brother James and Blake.

The only reason James came was because he thought his father would be changing his mind.

"Father, why are you here?" Josiah said while looking at him.

James and Naomi made eye contact.

"Oh, the thief is still here," James said causing Johnathan to look.

"I am not a thief," Naomi remarked causing Sam to lowly snort.

"So you didn't try to take my diamonds?" Johnathan asked causing all the employees to become quiet.

"Father we all know the one who did that was Bianca, my beloved little sister caught the whole thing on camera," Josiah says defending Naomi.

A sigh of relief escaped Naomi's lips.

"I am in the middle of a meeting as you can see. You can sit in my office and wait until I am finished" he continued.

"Dad tell him the real reason we are here," James says.

Johnathan looked at him for a while before realizing what his son was saying.

"James we already talked about this" he replied.

"No you talked and I listened. I am the rightful heir to the company and you gave it to the bastard child" he fumed.

"Everyone leave" Josiah's voice took over the room. It felt as if the temperature had dropped and everyone quickly left the room.

"I thought we passed this" Johnathan said rolling his eyes.

"James we all know you are not fit to run the business," Blake said for the first time since he got here.

"And you do?" he questioned looking at Blake.

"I know I don't that's why am not bothered by it," he said causing Josiah to laugh lowly.

"Can we talk about this some other time. Please don't make the mistake of popping up unannounced family or not" Josiah said grabbing his files.

"Please escort yourself out and Blake I need a word with you," Josiah said and Blake followed him out.

After the short elevator ride and Josiah notifying his security guards, they finally made their way to his office.

Naomi was sitting in her office with Sam. She stared at the letter before deciding to get it over with.

Dear Naomi,

    "I know you probably hate me for what I did to you. I was not fit to raise you at the time and I should have came back for you. You were my little bundle of joy until things started catching up to me. I was not able to keep you and that was the worse decision of my life. I see that you are doing great things in life now. I even heard that you are dating a billionaire. This letter was supposed to be written a few years back but I could not find you. I hope that you can forgive me. My address and phone number are written below.   I love you".

Naomi stared at the letter contemplating her next moves. She was not about to cry for someone who gave her up and called her a burden anymore.

Although she did not want to see her birth parents, she needs closure on their reasonings. They didn't give her a real reason as to why they gave her up but kept her older brother.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked Naomi who had spaced out.

"I am good," she said with a smile.

"Are you going to go and see them?" Sam said once she saw Naomi typing in the address that she was given.

"Probably" Naomi replied. "It says they live in Atlanta" she added looking at the house on her screen.