Chapter Thirty-Five

Josiah sat in his lawyer's office trying to understand what he was saying. 

"The files disappeared," Josiah said but it was more of a question. 

"Someone must have copied them," the lawyer said watching Josiah's stares. 

Josiah was pissed because there was no way the files just disappeared. The deal was not completely finalized and if someone stole them there is not telling hat they would do.

"Do you have the original paperwork?" Josiah asked talking about the files his father's lawyer drew up. 

"Yes I do have those and whoever has the other files will be need ing these" the lawyer said showing them to him.

"I will keep these" Josiah said taking them from him. 

"The question on my mind is how did they disappear?" he said trying to keep his cool. 

"There was some kind of blackout with the cameras and lights. I didn't notice until a day ago and I tried to contact you" the lawyer explained. 

"Ok," Josiah said before leaving. 

He had to prepare for dinner with his mother and he also had to remind Noami. 

He had so many different scenarios running through his head but he needed to set it aside. 

H

He knew he had to show up to the dinner for Naomi's sake. 

He left and made his way to his house but decided to make a quick stop. 

"Johnathan," he shouted entering the mansion.

"Johnathan Hutchinson," he said calling his father bu his full name. 

All of his siblings took their father's last name except for Josiah who happily stuck with his mother's. 

"He is not here right now," Phylis said walking down the stairs. 

"Do you know when he will be back?" he asks trying to cut the conversation short. 

"He is at the golf club with some of his friends," she replied and that's all it took for Josiah to leave. 

"Why are you in such a hurry?" she asked following behind Josian tying her silk robe. 

Josiah ignored her and basically ran to his car. He quickly shut the door and she started banging on the window. 

He drove off without a second look at her. 

When he got home, he opened the door and looked around his empty mansion. Rosa and Andy were given the rest of the week off seeing as they would be tired. 

Josiah looked around the house after making sure the cameras and alarm was on. 

He had a few more hours so he decided to take a short nap.

~

Naomi placed her dirty laundry on the floor while going through the suitcases. She ended up coming with two more suitcases than she brought with her. 

She had all the gifts set up in her closet until she decided to wear them. 

She opened the last suitcase and that is when she saw the small box that Cassy gave her. 

FLASHBACK

"Naomi?"

"Cassy?"

They both said at the same time not believing that they met again after six years. 

"It's really you," Cassy said staring at Naomi with tears in her eyes.