Chapter Thirty-One

Josiah watched as Naomi stumbled her way to the car. Her skin was pale as if she had just saw a ghost.

"Are you okay? where did you go?" he asked her and she stuttered over her words.

"T-the b-bathroom," she said and he quickly held her body steady.

"Why didn't you tell me I could have showed it to you?" he asks and she shook her head as if in a daze.

"I found it," she said before staring behind her to see if she would see the familiar face.

"Let's go," he said seeing how shaken up she was.

Naomi could not believe that after all this time she saw her friend.

She sat in silence the whole car ride until they made it back to the hotel.
The whole elevator ride she did not once say anything and Josiah tried his best to engage in conversations with her.

"Thank you," she said stepping inside of the suite and headed straight for her room.

She didn't want her horrible mood to ruin both of their days so she decided to visit the pool to take her mind off things.

She placed on the two-piece bathing suit that she brought. It was yellow and it allowed her melanin to stand out.

She knocked in Josiah's door hoping he would still be up.

"It's me," she said and his steps could be heard heading towards the door.

"Yes," he spoke before his eyes fell on what she was wearing.

"Do you want to join me at the pool?" she asks shyly. For some reason, she was still shy around him although they were becoming close.

"Sure just give me a few minutes," he said watching as she turned around and walked towards the living room.

"Wow," he said under his breath.

He placed on his Burberry swim trunks and a simple white tee.

He walked into the living room and when Naomi saw him she was shocked. His muscles poked out through the T-shirt and the defined lines of his abs were on display.

"You ready?" he asked and she nodded scared of stuttering.

They both walked out of the suite and made their way to the elevator. There was a pool that was only for the penthouse owners and guests and another pool for those who stay on the lower floors.

"Have you decided what you want for your birthday?
" Josiah asked even though he already planned his gifts.

"I would have gone out to eat but since I have no friends anymore I can just so that at home," she said and he stared at her.

"Why do you say that?" he asks and she looked ahead of her. Naomi figured Sam's motive since the day she sent her that message.

"Sam has a thing for you and she did not like us getting close. It all started the day we were all at the club and you took me home" she started telling him how she figured it out.

Josiah thought about it and he remembered Tony telling him that Sam had a thing for him.

"She was furious when she found out that you took me to your house. Then it became worse when I slipped up and called you by your first name" she finished explaining.

"Tony told me but I didn't believe him," he said as soon as the elevator stopped on the correct floor.

"I also think she had something to do with my food poisoning because she was the one who brought me lunch that day. I was fine and when I got home I skipped dinner" she said and Josiah started thinking about the coffee that he brought him.

"She is up to something," he said and she nodded agreeing with him.

They walked to the pool which was empty and Naomi placed the things down. She brought a towel and some other stuff that they would both need.

Josiah removed his shirt and Naomi took a big gulp. She quickly looked away not wanting to be caught staring at his body.

Josiah stepped in the water and went under and when he came back up water was dripping from his body. He shook his head to remove some of the water from his hair.

She cleared her throat and stepped into the water. The water reached to her shoulders and she was not even halfway into the pool. Josiah was standing in the deepest part of the pool.

"Why are you right there" he laughed seeing that if she took any more steps she would be covered.

"Haha very funny," she said but couldn't help but smile.

"Come over here," he said gesturing for her to swim over to the part where he was standing.

She shook her head scared of going any deeper because the pool was eight feet deep.

She turned around to see if there were any lifeguards and there was none, but there was a sign which she could not understand.

Right, when she was about to turn around she was grabbed from behind causing her to scream.

Josiah burst into a fit of laughter making sure to hold on to her sing as she was shaking.

"That was so not funny," she said with a small frown placing her hand on her chest.

Josiah kept laughing and when he least expected it Naomi jumped on him causing both of them to go under the water.

Naomi quickly swam up and ran to the steps waiting for Josiah to come back up.

She saw that he wasn't coming back up to the surface and without much thought she dived into the water. She pulled him up and best as she could and when she caught her breath and stared at him there was a smile in his face.

Josiah couldn't keep up the act anymore so he burst into laughter.

Naomi started at him before hitting him upside the head.

"You scared me," she said breathing frantically. She thought she killed him.

"Am sorry I had to" he said still laughing and Naomi stared at him.

"Sure you are," she said folding her arms.

"Awe don't be mad at me," he said pulling her into a hug before she could protest.

"I am still mad at you," she says pouting.

"You can't be mad at your friend," he said and she pushed him and ran.

Challenge accepted" he said before running after her.