Chapter Forty

"I am pulling into the driveway, "Naomi told Najomi as she made her way to their house. The security closed the gates after her car went in.

She finally decided to have a sit-down conversation with them.

She parked her car and got out looking at the beautiful house standing before her. It looked to be the same size as Josiah's house.

Before she could knock the door opened and Najomi stood with a big smile.

"Hey, come on in," she said and Naomi stepped over the threshold.

She looked around at the twin staircase that led to opposite sides of the house. The walls were filled with family photos and even Najomi's modeling pictures.

"Right this way," she said leading Naomi into what Naomi assumed was the living room.

Christine stood up as soon as she saw both of her daughters entering the livingroom.

"Hey, how are you?" she asks pulling Naomi into a hug.

"Good" Naomi replied and they took a seat on the couch.

"I am so happy you decided to come over so we could talk," Christine said with a smile.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs and they turned towards the entrance of the living room.

"Dad" Najomi said hugging him. His eyes fell from her to Naomi and then back to his wife.

"It is you," he said making his way to Naomi. Naomi stared up at the man who was supposedly her father and she saw the similarity.

"My baby," he said and gave her a bone-crushing hug.

"Naomi this is Winston, your father" Christine said when they separated.

"Nice to meet you"Naomi replied before taking a seat on the couch again. They sat in silence until Najomi decided to break it.

"What do you do for work?" she said asking the first question that came to mind.

"I work as the personal assistant for Josiah Maelburn" she responded.

"Caralyn's son?" Winston asked and Naomi answered.

"Yes" she responded and her phone started ringing.

Monica's name flashed across the screen and she answered it. She placed it on speakerphone so everyone could hear the conversation.

"Hey Naomi," she said with as much enthusiasm she could muster.

"Hi" Naomi replied dryly not even trying to be as fake as Monica. She didn't want to drop the bomb until they went to the dinner.

"I am in Los Angeles right now and I want to know if we are still on for the dinner," she asks but she was only there for one reason.

Naomi has been hanging around with the Hitchinson and Maelburn family a lot. There were also rumors of her dating Josiah Maelburn.

"Yea it's still on" Naomi replied and everyone listened to the conversation.

After the call ended they all started engaging in conversations. Most of the questions surrounded Naomi and them trying to know more about her.

"So you were at an orphanage?"Winston asked trying to wrap his head around it.

"Yes, and I had to leave when I was eighteen"Naomi answered. It was obvious they never told Winston what they learned about her when they met for the first time.

"I just hope it is not too late and we can have that relationship that we would have had," he said and Naomi nodded with a smile. She never really had ay father figure after she was placed in the system.

"I would like that" Naomi responded and everyone had a smile on their faces.

"Come with me for a minute," Najomi said and  Naomi got up and followed her.

They went up the staircase on the right and passed a few closed doors before they came to a halt in front of a door.

"Why did we stop?"Naomi asked staring down the wide hallway.

Najomi let out a nervous breath before slowly opening the door. The room was a baby nursery and it had things for twins.

There were two of each thing inside the nursery.

"This was supposed to be our room. Mom and dad wanted us to have a close relationship so they were going to place us in the same room" she said stepping inside and Naomi followed.

"Oh,"  that was the only thing that Naomi could say.

"But they decided to create another nursery in a room closer to them. They couldn't come inside this one without blaming themselves for you being taken"  she continues and they both took a seat on the rocking chairs.

"I understand" Naomi states while looking pass her.

She had a similar instance and that was when she lost Cassy. It broke her because her truest and closest friend was taken from her and they did not have a choice. It was hard for her to cope with the fact that she might never see her again.

Until now.

They both remained silent.

~

Sam angrily made her way to James' new office. She was pissed at the revelation that he made.

"How could you?" she shouted slamming the door in the process.

"What are you going on about?" he asked smugly having an idea as to why she was pissed.

"I helped you to get the company. If it wasn't for me you would still be the pathetic boy whose daddy chose the son he had because of an affair" she snickered and his face turned red.

"But who has the company now?" he shrugs trying to seem unbothered but he was.

"I will go to the police and let them know that you blackmailed me," Sam said furious with his behavior.

James laughed as if she said the funniest thing ever.

"Sorry to pop your bubble but that won't work. You will need proof and as far as I am concerned Bianca and I were in my lawyer's office. You were the one who did the disappearing act" he said causing her to freeze.

She knew he was right and with his lawyer receiving more money from the company, it will be hard to bust them.

"Bianca is my alibi but I can't say the same for you. The papers are very much legal so no problem here" he continued and she turned about to leave.

"Oh, and just in case you get fired you can always be a magician or a clown," he said and started laughing.

"You will pay for this".