Chapter Twenty-Seven

Naomi, Tony, and Josiah sat around the table as they decided what they wanted to eat. The boys decided to go to an expensive restaurant and it was closer to Maelburn Corporation.

"Naomi do you have any plans tonight?" Tony asks catching Josiah off-guard. He glared at Tony while shaking his head hoping Naomi doesn't catch on.

"Yes," Naomi lied. She had to prepare for their flight tomorrow to France.

"Really?" Tony ask knowing that she was lying.

One thing Naomi was bad at and that was lying. It was as if people could see through her and tell when she was lying if you took the time to study her.

"Yes" she replied as the waiter made his way back to the table.

He went ahead and introduced himself and ask what drink they would like.

Josiah stared at how the waiter would stare at Naomi. He would glance at her every few seconds but Naomi was very oblivious to it.

"And for you beautiful?" he s if ask trying to be smooth.

Tony snorted but Josiah did not find it funny at all. He glared at the waiter who recognized him and cleared his throat.

"Lobster Trap Truffle Mac N Cheese" she replied and he nodded typing it into the Ipad. The orders would go directly to the screen in the kitchen.

"Well that was interesting," Tony said teasing Josiah.

"No it was unprofessional" Josiah replied not wanting his jealousy to be evident.

"It wasn't that bad and he is cute" Naomi replied causing Tony to choke on his Black Corrant Mojito.

"W-what," he said once he was able to contain himself. His eyes flickered to Josiah who was folding the sleeve of his shirt.

Their environment suddenly became tense causing Naomi to take out her phone.

"You liked that?" Josiah asked breaking the ice.

"I don't think he meant and arm," Naomi said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Why don't we play and get to know your little assistant better?" Tony suggests and they both agreed silently.

Naomi had no idea Josiah would have felt some type of way with her saying he was cute.

Besides he wasn't her type.

"Favorite color?" Tony began.

"Blue" Naomi answered.

"Black," Josiah said with an intense stare.

"Well I am undecided but today I feel like it is Red" Tony responded to his own question.

"When is your birthday?" Tony asked but the question was more directed to Naomi.

"August 13," Naomi said. Josiah chose not to answer this question because he hated celebrating his birthday.

"Your birthday is in three days" Tony gasped.

Naomi gave a shy nod before realizing that Josiah did not reply.

"You didn't answer the question. Why?" Naomi asked boldly.

"I don't like celebrating my birthday," he said simply and he nodded.

Naomi wanted to press the matter more but she decided against it. There had to be a reason why he was so against celebrating his birthday.

"Mine is December 21," Tony said like a child. He was wearing a grin on his face.

The waiter finally came back with their food and took two trips because of the food Tony ordered.

He swore up and down that Josiah starved him so now he would eat until he was stuffed.

"Are you sure your gonna eat all of that?" Naomi pointed at all the plates in front of him.

"Yes," Tony said with a challenging smirk.

"Yeah right, he won't even finish everything from each plate" Josiah replied and stared at Naomi. He couldn't help himself.

"Do you wanna bet on that?" Tony said and Josiah smirked. Naomi stared at him as his pink lips turned into a mischievous smile.

"1 million," Josiah said with a cocky grin causing Naomi to gasped.

They were literally betting all that money on whether or not Tony could eat all his food.

"You both are getting carried away," Naomi said taking a bite of her food. An irresistible moan left her lips causing them to freeze.

Naomi closed her eyes and she tasted the food and tried to memorize all the details.

Josiah cleared his throat before going back to eating the rest of his food.

Tony's phone dinged which told them he received a message.

"Shit," he said under his breath before quickly standing up.

"Is everything okay?" Naomi asked worried by his whole demeanor.

"Yes, I have to go but we are still on for tonight," he said before saying his goodbyes. He placed some cash on the table before leaving.

Naomi and Josiah were now the only ones at the table.

"Did you plan something for your birthday?" he asked her.

"Nope. It is the day that we will be on the trip to France" she told him and he nodded in understanding.

They sat in silence eating until she decided to ask him about his birthday.

"When is your birthday?" she asked causing Josiah to crack a smile. He knew she wanted to ask that question ever since they started playing the game.

"August 22" he replied with a smile.

"You are a Leo? I am a Leo" Naomi started with a laugh.

"What is your middle name?" he asks as they restarted the game again.

"Kanaija," she said without a doubt. She hated her middle name while growing up but now she was so used to it.

"What about you?" she asked.

"Christopher" he replied.

"Josiah Christopher Maelburn," she said staring into his eyes. Josiah's body lightly shivered as his name rolled off her tongue.

"What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?" she asked.

"No we will not talk about that one," he said causing her to burst out laughing.

"Why? Please tell me" she begged with a pout on her face.

He couldn't help the smile that took over his face as he watched her attentively.

"It's a long story so I will tell you another time," he said as she continued to laugh.

Her laugh was music to his ears and he would do anything to hear it.

His phone started ringing and he saw that it was his mother.

He was supposed to be having dinner with her and Caesar tomorrow but the business meeting happened.

When they were both finished they stood up and Josiah remove cash from his pocket. Naomi was opening her purse when she saw the look Josiah was giving her.

"What?" she asked.

"It's on me" he replied placing cash on the table.

"Next time it's on me".