Chapter Sixty-One

"Happy Thanksgiving" Naomi said walking into her parent's house. The family decided to host a Thanksgiving dinner at their house and the family friends were invited.

"Where is Josiah?" Caralyn asked and Naomi shrugged her shoulders.

"He said he had some errands to run so I did not question him" she replied and Naomi nodded.

She went into the house looking for her sister taking a seat next to her. She was very tired and could feel a headache brewing.

"Are you ok?" Najomi asked looking at Naomi. Her face was really pale and looked like she was about to throw up.

"My stomach hurts," she said closing her eyes and laying her head on her shoulder.

"Do you need some medicine?" Najomi asked and Noami nodded her head.

Naomi was supposed to assist them with cooking since they did not want any catered food.

Najomi came back with some Tylenol and a glass of water.

"Have you eaten anything?" she asked Naomi who only shook her head no.

"I'll show you to your room so you can take a nap," Najomi said helping Noami up the stairs.

She felt dizzy to the point she could bare;y stand. Najomi showed her to the room which their parents decorated for her if she ever wanted to stay over.

"I'll come and check on you," Najomi said after fixing Naomi's pillow and placing the blanket over her.

She went back downstairs where Caralyn and her mom was working on the food.

"Where is Naomi?" Christine asked her other daughter.

"She is not feeling well," Najomi said to her and both her and Caralyn looked at each other.

The doorbell rang and Najomi went to get it. Caesar and Josiah were standing there having a conversation.

"Oh hey, ba-" he stopped when he realized it wasn't her.

"Hi Najomi" he greeted her pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Mr. Caesar," she said after pulling away from Josiah.

"How's it going Najomi?" he asked and she replied to him.

Josiah walked into the house and made his way to the kitchen where he heard talking.

"Hey Mom, Ms. Patterson," she said pulling them into a hug.

After they replied he took a seat while looking around for Naomi.

"Where is Naomi?" he asked and they pointed upstairs.

"She is not feeling well so she is taking a nap," Christine said and Josiah stood up.

"Did she eat anything? I tried to give her breakfast but she refused to eat" he said and they both shook their heads no.

He walked away before realizing he had no clue what room she was in.

"What-" he started but Christine cut him off knowing what he was going to ask.

"Third door on the left," she said and he thanked her before leaving.

"Do you think?" Caralyn asked her and Christine had a big grin on her face.

"It could be," she said and they both squealed like a bunch of teenagers.

Josiah entered the room and saw Noami snuggled into the blankets.

He walked over to her and placed his head on her forehead checking her temperature.