Chapter Twenty-One

Sam threw the spoon that she was using against the wall. She almost had him but someone had to interrupt them.

The video of Naomi and Jillian running through the airport only made her blood boil. Naomi was getting close to the family slowly but surely.

A knock sounded on her door so she got up and made her way to open it.

"What?" she asked when she saw who it was.

"Did you do it?" the person asks causing her to walk away after slamming the door.

"Does it look like I did anything?" she asked with an attitude.

Sam had enough of people telling her what to do and when to do it.

"You are proving to be incompetent," he told Sam.

"How? I was the one who showed you how to get into the building" Sam shouted.

"But the files were not there," he said calmly.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Sam says confusing him.

"What?" he asked.

"He made me his assistant since Naomi is gone," Sam told him and he grinned.

"I need those files by tomorrow or you know what will have to happen" he responded and she nodded.

Sam nodded her head and stared into the blank space.

"In the meantime, let's have some fun," he said with a smirk unbuttoning his shirt.

Sam smiled happily and quickly moved next to him.

~

Naomi knocked on the door of the house belonging to her birth parents. The nervousness was starting to kick in and she could feel herself becoming nauseous.

She decided not to take Jillian with her which she was starting to regret.

She looked down at her outfit and then to her Christian Dior tote bag. That was the most expensive thing that she bought herself.

The door suddenly opened and there stood a lady that seems to be in her early forties.

"Naomi?" she asked shocked.

"Hi," Naomi said standing awkwardly.

"Come on in, it's me your birth mother" Monica said.

Naomi took a step inside the house and Monica led her to the living room where there were at least twenty people.

Everyone became quiet once they saw her and she hated every second of it.

"Everyone this is Naomi, my daughter".

Naomi furrowed her eyebrows before a frown took over her face.

"Why are you frowning?" one of the younger girls asked her.

Everyone greeted Naomi before going around and introducing themselves.

Daniel, her biological father came beside her pulling her into a hug.

She stared at all the people who were supposedly her long last family.

"Naomi this is your nana Odette, "Monica says pointing at an older woman who was sitting on the couch.

Odette shook her head at her and everyone started to glare at her.

"Hi" Naomi waved shyly.

Monica went around introducing everyone until she was at the last person. When he spoke she recognized him instantly as her brother.

"Hi sis," he said with a smile but Naomi only returned a fake one.

"Hi" she replied and was ushered to sit down.

She pulled out her phone texting both Sam and Jillian to let them know how it was going.

"You must have a lot of money," one of her cousin said when she placed it back in her tote bag.

"Huh?" Naomi asked not getting why she is saying that.

"Your bag," she said pointing at the Dior tote bag.

"Oh no not really," Naomi said with a laugh.

"Where have you been all these years?" Sandra her aunt asked.

"Homeless" Naomi answered without skipping a beat.

"What?" they chorused.

"Yes, I lost my job after someone lied to me. They refused to hire me without a college degree so I was on the streets until two months ago" She answered with a shrug.

"How did you start working at Maelburn Corporation without a degree?" they continued to question her.

"Why?" she asked with an attitude. She did not know these people enough to start telling them her business.

"So you never got adopted?" the same cousin asked.

"Obviously not," Naomi said the same time her phone started ringing.

"Excuse me," she said leaving her bag on the couch and stepped outside to answer.

"Hello" she answered the phone but the only thing she could hear was someone breathing before the phone call ended.

"That was weird" she spoke to herself and entered the house.

When she made it back to the living room she was shocked by what she saw happening.

"What the hell are you doing?" she shouted snatching her bag out of Kelsey, her cousin's hand.

"I was trying to see the design," she said folding her arms.

Naomi looked through her bag to make sure nothing went missing.

"You know what it was nice meeting you but am going to leave now," she said looking for driver's number.

"Are you ready to be picked up?" she heard as soon as the line connected.

"Yes, please" she answered before hearing him agree.

"You are overreacting"Kelsey's mom, Sandra said standing up.

"We are your family and you are treating us like this" Monica piped up.

A laugh escaped Naomi's mouth before she fell into a fit of laughter.

"F-family?" she asked while laughing.

"Yes," they said nodding not getting where she was headed.

"I wasn't gonna come here in the first place, but then I decided why not. But let's just get one thing straight I am in no way shape or form related to any of you" she said without any remorse.

Naomi made her way to the front door slamming it as soon as she left.

The car was pulling up into the driveway, she quickly made her way to it before he could step out and open it for her.

She stared at the house and saw them staring at her through the window.

The ride back to the hotel was silent and she thanked God for choosing a hotel because she would not be able to stay in the same place as them.

Naomi stared at herself through her phone camera and then she pictured all their faces.

Everyone in that house took after someone with all their features.

Naomi did not look like either of her birth parents.