Sure...(Korrasami)

A/n my muse struck once more in the form of Korrasami.
Meanwhile in Target today I saw that this (really bad) One Direction fanfiction has been published as a book. Literally. I know they've been talking about it but I never thought it would actually happen.
My hope for humanity is gone.
Okay sorry for that here's your story now.

(A/n from the future: Oh GOD can we not ever mention After in my presence? Please and thank you.)

.

.

.

"Ah, welcome Master Shin Yu. Ms. Sato has been expecting you," the butler greeted. the aging businessman smiled as he stepped through the door.

"Oh, don't give me that! I know I'm a little early," he apologized, "Traffic was lighter than I expected."

The butler led him to a couch in the center of the room. "Not to worry. I will alert Miss Sato to your presence-"

"Korra!" A feminine voice shrieked, interrupting him. The butler winced. Footsteps came pounding down the stairs as the Avatar raced past, clutching what looked like papers against her chest.

"Catch me if you can!" She called over her shoulder. Asami wasn't far behind.

"When I catch you you're gonna get it!" She promised. Korra giggled and raced out the door, the CEO right behind. They didn't seem to notice the businessman standing by the couch. Shin Yu looked to the butler.

"Does that happen often?" He asked, sitting down. The butler hesitated, unsure of how to answer.

"Only when Avatar Korra is home."

Shin Yu chuckled. A minute later, Asami was back, smiling apologetically at her guest. There was a hair in her face, but she was otherwise unscathed.

"Apologies, Mr. Yu," she said, only a little out of breath, "my dear friend Korra loves to mess with me."

Shin Yu laughed. "Oh, don't worry about it. I was a few minutes early anyway. What did she do to make you chase her?"

Asami rolled her eyes and held up the contract she needed him to sign.
"She stole this," she explained, a smile involuntarily creeping up her face. The businessman grinned.

"That sounds like something my wife would have done when we were younger. She just loved messing with me, especially when I was working."

"Women," Asami sighed, a smile now evident on her face. They shared a laugh before retreating to her office to talk business.

As the two of them went over the contract, Shin Yu couldn't help but notice the smile that never left Asami's face. He'd worked with her before, and he knew what her business smile looked like. It was calculated and precise, but not fake per se. This was different. This was the smile of a person trying not to laugh, or remembering a happy time. Often he'd worn it himself when thinking of his wife.

"You know, you haven't stopped grinning this entire time," he commented as she combed over the final words of the paperwork. Asami glance up at him, her smile growing.

"No, I guess I haven't," she agreed. Heavy footsteps walked past the door, and her smile widened even farther.

"If I didn't know any better," He ventured, "I'd say you're grinning over your dear friend, hmm?"

Asami didn't like the way his eyebrow was raised. Like that, the grin was wiped from her face.

"What are you saying?" She asked, with an eyebrow lift of her own. Shin Yu shrugged

"The two of you behave an awful lot like my wife and I did. Are you sure there's nothing there?" He asked. It was completely out of line and absolutely none of his business, but he knew Ms. Sato. She wasn't as posh and stuck-up as most people he had dealings with.

"That is ridiculous," she said, not unkindly, as she turned her attention back to the contract. But the footsteps came and went again, and she had to bite back her grin.

Shin Yu raised an eyebrow again, but said nothing this time.

And they say they're not a couple, he thought. Sure...

.

.

.

A/n I feel like there are certain pairings I write all the time and then everything else. Sorry shippers of everything else.

(A/n from the future: I'm not actually sorry.)