Lucky Guy (Kataang)

A/n and here we have Kataang for @Iheartlovely. 

.

.

.

Katara was at her wits end with her children. Bumi kept running around with a staff hitting things, and Kya had nearly drowned at least a dozen acolytes. If this little one turned out to be an airbender, she might just die of a heart attack.

"Ughhh!" She groaned as she stalked into her bedroom. Her husband looked up and gave her a knowing smile.

"Bumi give you trouble?" He asked. With an exasperated nod, she collapsed on the bed next to him.

"Kya too tonight! I had to freeze over her Duckfish tank to get her to stop bending! I swear Aang, I just don't understand why they don't want to sleep, they must be exhausted!"

Aang chuckled and rolled over on his side. He draped an arm over her growing belly and pulled her closer.

"Look on the bright side. It's my turn tomorrow."

Katara smiled and curled into her husband's arms.

"I really hope the baby doesn't turn out like those two." She told him. His chest vibrated against her as he chuckled.

"Well, it can't possibly be any worse!" He said. Katara looked up at him, an expression somewhere between stern and playful on her face.

"Perhaps if you don't take this one to throw pies at the Acolytes,"

Aang grumbled something about Kya ratting him out. Then, after a minute, ventured out onto the turf that, up until then, neither of them had brought up.

"Katara... what if this one's an airbender?" He asked. His eyes shone with hope as he stared down at the bulge in her belly. Katara smiled softly down at it.

"Then the Air Nation will have a chance at revival."

The two of them imagined the Air Nomads once again riding the winds across the world, laid-back and free-spirited as ever. As if they'd never disappeared in the first place.

And then Katara thought about raising one. She could barely keep from shuddering. "Imagine the wind blown in my face..." she murmured, as exhaustion began to take over. Aang smirked.

"You mean more air than usual?" He asked. Katara uttered a barely-audible "mhm" of as she slipped off into the world of dreams. Aang couldn't stop the smile of contentment that grew on his face.

He was a really lucky guy.