Valentine's Day (Korra/?)

A/n ah, Valentine's day. The day of love. Or, if you're single like me, the day of nearly upchucking at the sight of couples PDAing everywhere you go.
And so, on this the most romantic of days, I am staying home, on Wattpad, writing fanfiction and eating chocolate.

Best holiday ever, right?

(A/n from the future: to date I think this is one of the best one-shots in this book)
.

.

.

The sun filtered brightly through the blinds and directly onto Korra's face. With a groan, she opened one eye. It was too early for this.

Once her brain began to function, she realized her lover wasn't next to her. Odd, ordinarily Korra woke first. With a heavy sigh and a sense of dread at the thought of having to actually get up and be productive, she rolled out of bed and stretched.
Something red caught her eye, and she bent over to pick up a single red rose petal.

How'd this get in here? She wondered.

With a shrug, she went to her dresser, only to find a whole rose with a note tied to its stem waiting for her. A grin began to form as she pulled at the string. She'd forgotten what day it was.

My dear Korra, the note read:

I regret that I can't be there to see the look on your face as you read this, but I've no doubt you're grinning like an idiot. I love your grin.
This all may seem a bit sappy to you, but I promise if you follow my instructions you'll love what I have in store.
Follow the petals, Love.

Korra rolled her eyes. A trail of petals? Really? How sappy could you get? But she trusted her lover, so she pulled on a shirt and pants and followed the trail out the door and down the stairs, into the parlor.

There was another rose with a note on the coffee table, as well as a key with the number 1219 on it and a box of chocolates.

My dear Korra, the note began:

I appreciate your actually following the petals, I know how you hate to be overly sappy. Rest assured, the petals are done...for now.
There's a car outside ready to take you to the storage unit that this key belongs to. Unlock it to reach your next surprise.
Oh, and try the white ones. They're filled with raspberry.

Korra giggled at the way her lover dropped the mysterious romantic charm to tell her about chocolate. She opened the box, and sure enough, there was one missing. Korra picked up a white sphere and popped it in her mouth, savoring the fruity flavor. Chocolate was her one and only weakness, and her lover knew it.

She looked down at the key. 1219. December 19th. The day they'd confessed their feelings for one another. The two of them had been friends for years, but December 19th was the day they'd admitted they wanted more. And now, seven years later, Korra was on a treasure hunt for romance.

She grinned as she walked to the car. It was a bright red hot rod, the kind she'd always wanted. The driver opened the door for her, and as she slid in, she couldn't help but admire the interior. The plush white leather seats, highlighted by the polished golden gearshift and door handles. It was beautiful, and just the car she'd always dreamed of.

Once they reached the storage facility, she practically sprinted to unit 1219. This treasure hunt was beginning to excite her. She wondered what her lover would come up with next.

Korra reached the storage unit and pulled up the heavy metal door. Inside was a single table, upon which sat a red and white checkered blanket. On top of the blanket was another rose with a note tied to it and a key with a golden K keychain. Anticipation bubbled within Korra as she pulled the string loose.

My Dear Korra, the note read again:

Doubtless you fell in love with that car. It's exactly the kind you've always wanted. That's why I got it for you.
Yes love, you read that correctly, the car is yours. That's what the key is for. Try not to hurt yourself in your excitement.
I know you don't have the patience to prolong this little scavenger hunt much longer. Now that you have a car, you can drive to our favorite spot. And bring the blanket. We're going to need it.
Don't keep me waiting.

Korra stared wide-eyed at the note. She blushed just thinking about it. Their "favorite spot" was a lookout high above the city, where one could see the city lights for miles and no one would bother them. Just the two of them. Alone. On a blanket. Or maybe in a car. There were nearly endless possibilities.

She broke every speed limit on the way.

Upon pulling up, she saw a familiar maroon car parked near the trees. Leaning against the hood, wearing a sultry smirk, was an equally familiar person.

"I see you got my messages," her lover greeted, pushing off of the car and taking a few steps forward. Korra ran full speed and tackled them to the ground, smiling all the way.

.

.

.

a/n as you can see, I left the lover up to interpretation. Happy Valentine's Day!