Tickets (Mako & Lin)

A/n thought of this randomly and couldn't help myself XD (Not a shipping fic)

(A/n from the future: I apologize for how incredibly dumb this one was)

.

.

.

"Gah!" Mako shot up in bed, a cold sweat breaking out all over his body. His breathing was heavy, and his mind was racing. This was the fifth night in a row he'd woken like this. The guilt was driving him mad. With a subconscious sigh of protest, he pushed himself out of bed and hastily threw his clothes on.

He knew what he had to do...

Knock knock knock.

Lin groaned. Who would be bothering her at this hour? She grumbled as she rolled out of bed and answered the door. There stood Mako, looking absolutely frantic. His hair was disheveled and his clothes were all misaligned, as if he'd thrown them on hastily. With the way he was jittering, he probably had.

"What do you want, kid?" Lin asked, not even trying to hide her annoyance. Mako took a deep breath. This was it. His career was balancing on this moment. If he owned up to what he did, he might lose his job. But then again, it was a long time ago... and it was a desperate situation...

"Chief, it's been bothering me for three years, and I can't hide it anymore. There's something I need to confess."

Lin internally cringed. She really hoped he wasn't about I say what she thought he was about to say. She'd hate to have to deal with that situation again...

"You're not in love with me, are you?" She asked. Mako raised an eyebrow.

"What? No!" He replied. Lin sighed in relief. As long as he wasn't confessing his love, she didn't care what the kid did. Sadly though, she probably wasn't going anywhere until she asked.

"Okay then, what's bugging you?"

Mako sighed. He was obviously dreading this.

"It happened a long time ago. I didn't want to do it, but they were desperate times, and I didn't see another solution. I did what I had to do,"
He said, taking a deep breath. Lin leaned forward a bit, eyebrow raised, just a tad bit curious as to what the boy would say.

"I burned some tickets during the Equalist Revolution when Korra parked incorrectly." He spat out as quickly as possible.

Lin regarded him for a second...

...and closed the door in his face.

Mako felt as if a giant weight had been lifted from his shoulders.
Glad that's over...

.

.

.

A/n sometimes I write stupid things for my own amusement.