The Twins (Deska)

And here we have another Deska for @Kitty_Cat_Girl and @Kitty_Cat_Boy

.

.

.

"Freaks!" Someone yelled across the hallway. Eska rolled her eyes and looped her arm around her brother's. The two of them were hardly ever parted. They had most of their classes together with the exception of algebra, (Desna was a gifted mathematician, while Eska was more of a closet poet) and being twins, they weren't anxious to separate. They'd been together all their lives, even in the womb, so why should they part now?

"Jerks," Desna mumbled, draping his arm around his sister. They behaved much like a couple, and it led many to assume that they were a couple. Hence, the name-calling. People called them weird or freakish for being closer than most siblings, but it didn't feel weird to them. It felt right, and they didn't think they should separate just because of some empty insults.

Neither of them dated. They believed that since they were twins, they were already two halves of the same soul. Therefore, there was no point in dating. They didn't need to find their soul mates, they'd shared a womb with each other. But, that's not to say they did anything that normal siblings wouldn't do. Some of the rumors passed around the school were rather disturbing to most and completely false. But since Desna could be seen giving his sister a peck on the forehead when he dropped her off to the one class a day they didn't share, most of their peers assumed those rumors were true.

"People irritate me," Eska muttered.

"I know," Desna replied.

They arrived at their destination. Desna pressed his lips briefly to his sister's forehead as he did every day and turned to go to his own class.

He didn't make it.

Somewhere in the middle, a group of boys much bigger than he was surrounded him. He didn't stand a chance, although he went down swinging. The attackers scattered when a teacher came out to see what the fuss was, but the damage had been done. Desna had a black eye, a busted lip, and a few cracked ribs.

Eska wouldn't let him walk her to that class anymore, or any other class for that matter. They went from the inseparable twins to the twins only ever together at home.

The teasing died down a bit, but the damage was done. Desna and Eska were never again as close as they had been.

.

.

.

A/n FYI, they're ace/aro.