Carpool (Irosami)

"Oh, for the love of Spirits..." Iroh mumbled, kicking the tire of his Satomobile. This was the fifth time it had broken down. If it happened again, Asami was going to insist upon giving him a new one. And of course, when Asami said "new" she meant pick-of-the-line, fresh from the factory new. And while Iroh appreciated the thought, he really didn't want the attention that driving around in a literally brand-new vehicle was likely to bring him.

With a grimace, he went back inside and dialed for his favorite CEO and mechanic.

"Hello?" Came the soft voice. Iroh squeezed his eyes shut as he muttered the words.

"It's Iroh..." He said between clenched teeth. There was a sigh on the other end.

"You do realize that one more break-down and I'm making you get a new one, right?" She asked. Iroh gulped.

"Yeah, I know. But until then, can you fix this one?"

"Sure, I'll be right there," she answered, and the line went dead. Iroh sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, knowing that he was most likely going to have to carpool with that idiot Zhen again.

Asami arrived not long after. Her hair was pulled up and she held a toolbox in her right hand. She smiled when she saw him.

"I still don't see why you wouldn't want a new car. This one's ancient!" She exclaimed. Iroh rolled his eyes.

"Because I don't want to drive around in a car that hasn't even been released to the public yet." He answered, just as he had a hundred times before. Asami rolled her eyes and muttered something about "more attention in this dinosaur" before lifting the hood and examining the engine.

"Yep, this is gonna take awhile. You're gonna need a ride to work," She told him. Iroh sighed again. This was getting tedious.

"I can give you a ride," She offered. His shoulders slumped in defeat as he agreed to let her drop him off. She offered to pick him up too, but he declined. That would only bring MORE unwanted attention.

"I'll get Zhen to bring me home," he told her. She rolled her eyes, but didn't protest as they pulled out.

~

"I'm telling you, Ginger is way hotter!" Zhen argued. The other guy shook his head.

"No way! Asami's got her beat by like a million to one!" He shouted. Iroh sighed. These two had this argument every day with different women. It just so happened that today one of those women was Iroh's girlfriend. They didn't know that, of course, else they wouldn't have chosen her, but it didn't make hearing her spoken of like some show dog rather than a person any less irritating.

They wouldn't dare speak like this if they knew, he thought. Suddenly, he was wishing he'd taken his girlfriend up on her offer

"Oh please! All Asami's got is eyes! Ginger's got the hair, curves, and face! Tell 'em, General!" Zhen yelled back. Iroh's fists clenched and he barely kept himself from punching the idiot. Asami was the most beautiful woman in the world, and anyone who said otherwise needed to have their eyes fixed.

Perhaps if I blackened them they would see properly...

Just as the thought was crossing his mind, he and his men rounded the corner, and Iroh caught sight of a beautiful woman leaning back on the hood of a very familiar Satomobile and smiling at him. Her dark hair spilled down her shoulders and her emerald eyes sparkled. Not to mention the driving outfit she wore, which perfectly displayed her curves. Suddenly, both his subordinates stopped talking, and Iroh knew without looking that their jaws were touching the ground.

"I thought I said I'd catch a ride," he called as he approached the woman. Asami gave a light giggle.

"Since when do I listen to you?" She asked, eyebrow raised, a playful smile on her face. Iroh grinned as his hands found her waist and he kissed her. He could barely keep himself from laughing at what his men must look like now, staring wide-eyed at them. Zhen wouldn't be arguing in Ginger's favor anymore.

The couple pulled away and climbed into the vehicle.

"I don't suppose you'd let me drive?" He asked. Asami gave a short laugh.

"Not my car!"

He winked at his men as they pulled out. Their eyes seemed to be questioning him.

"You never told us!" Zhen finally yelled. Iroh laughed.

"You never asked!" He yelled back as the couple took off down the road. He glanced over at the woman beside him, a smile on her face as they sped through traffic.

Maybe a new car wouldn't be so bad after all