Kiss/It's About Time (Tokka)

Sokka was sick of love.

As if it wasn't bad enough that his sister and his best friend just had to become a couple, now his own girlfriend was making goo-goo eyes at his other best friend!

They didn't even try to be discreet about it. Suki and Zuko had the hots for each other (no pun intended) and it was only a matter of time before Sokka was left alone. Again.

At least this one didn't turn into the moon...

At this point, he just wanted to enjoy his day at the beach without having to deal with couples and oogies and mushiness, but it seemed his friends weren't about to give him that luxury. Aang and Katara were cuddling on a blanket a few feet to his right, and to his left were Zuko and Suki building a sandcastle and trying to pretend they weren't attracted to each other.

Someone sat down on next to him. Sokka looked up to see Toph leaning back with her hands folded behind her head.

"All these lovebirds making you sick too?" she asked. He sighed. Toph always figured out what he was thinking. She shook her head,
"If I hear one more mushy word, I'm gonna yak!"

At that moment, Aang's voice was heard across the beach dripping with sweetness as he gushed something endearing to his girlfriend. Toph made a fake up-chucking motion, prompting a laugh from Sokka. There was a stray hair in her face, which she tucked behind her ear. Sokka noticed for the first time the length her hair had grown to, always hidden by the up-do she wore. Today though, she was too lazy to pull it up, and it reached an inch or two below her shoulders. It looked nice, he decided. She should wear it like that more often.

"Your hair looks nice," he said absent-mindedly. Toph's hand unwittingly drifted up to it as she turned her head in his direction.

"Does it?" she asked. His eyes widened at the realization of what he'd said.

"Well, I-I mean, it looks nice every day, but today-I mean, it looks-you should wear it down more often." he stuttered. Toph smiled at him in return.

"You think so?" she asked. He nodded, then remembered she couldn't see him.

"Yeah, you look pretty. I mean, with that hair! uh, n-not that you aren't pretty usually, I-I mean, you look nice."

Toph laughed. "You're really cute when you're awkwardly stuttering over your words" she told him while punching his arm. Sokka immediately turned red. What was with him today?

"I'm cute?" he asked, looking up at her. She was blushing a little, and at that moment, with the sun setting, the last few rays of light dancing in her hair, her lips slightly parted in a smile, the water tribe boy felt a strong desire to kiss her.

So he did.

It was impulsive, irrational, and probably a bad idea, but as their lips met, all he felt was that contact. When he pulled away, Toph was blushing, a somewhat dazed grin on her face. Sokka immediately shifted his eyes to the sand.

"Sorry," he apologized, "I-"

He was interrupted by Toph cupping the back of his head and pulling him in to kiss again. His arms went instinctively around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Well it's about time!" someone called from across the beach, causing them to pull away from each other and stare at the sand with faces redder than the Fire Nation. Katara, Aang, Zuko, and Suki were making their way towards the pair, expressions basically the same. Happy grins. Even Suki, who'd technically just witnessed her boyfriend kissing another girl. The yell had come from her.

Sokka and Toph looked up at each other (or rather, it looked that way to anyone who didn't know Toph was blind) with sheepish grins.

And then Toph threw her arms around him and planted another kiss on his lips.