Chapter 29

It had been three months since Oliver started to train with Nyssa. He was getting good with the sword. He had even beat Nyssa a few times. They had also decided to train the rest of the team with swords just in case it came to a point where they would have to use a sword.

This actually helped out Oliver because at some point in time during his training he would get attacked by two or three of his teammates at a time. This helped him be prepared for anything and everything that would come his way in a fight with Ras Al Ghul.

After they were done training one day Oliver decided to let the team have the night off. They would all be ready in case they were needed but they all needed some rest. Oliver had decided that he was going to take Sara out for a nice dinner on this night that they had off, so they went to the nice Italian place that was two blocks away from the apartment.

Once they got to the restaurant and were seated, Sara said "You know that I would have been fine with Big Belly Burger Ollie?"

"I know. I just thought that being we have the night off we could do something that we never have the time for and go to a nice restaurant." Oliver said.

"Well in that case, Thank you for the nice evening. So, what else can we do tonight to make it special?" Sara asked.

"I can think about a thing or two, but this might not be the place to talk about that." Oliver said.

Sara just smiled when Oliver said that because that was what she was thinking as well. The dinner was going nicely, and they were just talking and having fun with each other. They ate their meals and then they got some dessert. Sara ordered a piece of chocolate pie and Oliver got a piece of chocolate cake. When the waiter brought the dessert out, he sat it in front of them and left. Sara was about to cut into her pie when she saw something that she was not expecting.

"Ollie, is this what I think it is?" Sara asked.

"Yes, it is." Oliver walked around the table and got on one knee and looked Sara in the eyes and said "Sara you are the best thing that ever happened to me and I don't want to live a day without you, so will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course I would Ollie. I love you." Sara said as she gave him a kiss and Oliver slipped the ring on her finger.

They both looked up when the whole restaurant started to cheer and clap. They both flushed a little because they just realized that this had happened in front of a whole lot of people that they don't even know.

"So, did you do this the traditional way and ask for my fathers' permission?" Sara asked.

"Sorry, but I didn't do that because I know what his answer would be. I know I am still not his favorite person, even if we are on better terms with each other than what we have been in the past." Oliver said.

"I was just kidding with you. I know my father would have said no. I just hope that you would have asked me anyways." Sara said.

"Oh, I was most definitely going to ask you no matter what he said." Oliver said.

"Good, so how about we get out of here and go celebrate." Sara said.

"Well what would you like to do Miss Lance?" Oliver asked.

"Well I am feeling like going to Verdant for a little while and have a drink with our family and friends. Then we will go do some of those things that we could not talk about earlier." Sara said.

"Sounds good to me. Let me pay the bill then we can head to Verdant for a while." Oliver said.

After paying the bill Oliver called Thea and told her to meet them at Verdant. He also called Emiko and Roy to join them as well. Sara called Laurel and Tommy as well as Barbara and told them that they would meet them at Verdant in thirty minutes.

Once everyone arrived at Verdant, they went down into the basement and Oliver took out a bottle of champaign and everyone looked at him wondering why he was opening a bottle of champaign in in the basement instead of doing it upstairs in the club.

"Ok, not that I don't like drinking champaign, but why are we doing it in the basement?" Thea asked.

"For one reason we just wanted this to be between friends and family, and the other reason is so that you can drink a little bit without getting caught." Oliver said.

"So, what's the special occasion?" Laurel asked.

With that question being asked Sara looked at Oliver and just decided to hold up her left hand and show the ring to everyone. Everyone was really surprised because no one even knew that Oliver was even planning of proposing to Sara.

"This is great. I am so happy for you two." Thea said.

"Yeah, congratulations." Laurel said as she went to hug the both of them.

"Congrats bud." Tommy said.

Emiko went up and hugged them both and said "I am so happy for you both. Thank you for inviting me."

"Your family, of course we would invite you." Oliver said.

"Congrats guy." Roy said

Barbara wheel up to them and said "I wish I could have seen how he did it. I bet Sara's mouth hit the floor. Congratulations."

"Oh yeah, she was definitely surprised." Oliver said.

"Maybe I can hack the security cameras at the restaurant?" Barbara said.

"Don't you dare." Sara said.

"Please do." Everyone else said and Sara just shook her head.

The group stayed and celebrated for a little while longer and then Sara and Oliver left to go celebrate in a different way.