Chapter 69

Sara returned back to the group and Oliver pulled her aside to see what she had to talk to Novu about. Sara didn't want to talk about it right now because she was still upset about this new development.

"What's going on Sara?" Oliver asked.

"Nothing. I was just checking on something that is supposed to happen, and my thoughts were confirmed." Sara said.

"Well, it must not be a good thing because you seem like you are upset." Oliver said.

"It is a bit upsetting, but it has to happen in order for things to work out." Sara said.

"Does this have to do with Laurel having to die with us for us to win this thing?" Oliver said.

"Something like that. I just don't know what to do to stop it." Sara said.

"Like you said, everything will be ok. So, let's get ready so we can win this when it is time." Oliver said.

"You're right. Let's go see what we can do to help the others." Sara said as she and Oliver went back to the group of heroes that was gathered in the bunker.

Just then Novu came in and said it was time to make their first stand against the Anti-Monitor. Sara knew what this meant. Especially if things were going to be the same as last time. She was prepared for this and she knew that it was always her destiny to be there with Oliver in the end.

"It is time for the Crisis to begin. We will be going to Earth 38 first. You will be interacting with another Supergirl and her team. Also, this is Harbinger. The device that Sara and Oliver helped to create gave her powers and she will be there to help you as well." Novu said.

"Ok, let's do this." Sara said as she and all of Team Arrow went to get ready to leave.

When they got to Earth 38, they had to explain to this Supergirl and her team what was going on and once they got their point across everyone saw a tower coming from the ground. It was there to keep the Anti-Matter wave at bay so that they could get as many people off of this world and to Earth 1 as possible.

"We need to protect the tower. The shadow demons will be attacking it soon." Sara said.

"Shadow Demons?" Thea asked.

"They are the minions of the Anti-Monitor. His soldiers, if that is what you want to call them." Sara said.

"Ok, so what do they look like?" Oliver asked.

"Well, look straight ahead and you will see." Sara said as she went and started to attack the shadow demons.

Everyone else then joined in. While the group of heroes were fighting the shadow demons, a few of the heroes from Earth 38 were getting all of the people together so that they could leave for Earth 1. They knew that they couldn't hold this off for long.

"So, how do you think we are doing so far?" Oliver asked Sara.

"As far as I can tell we are holding them at bay for a while. I really don't know what happened last time. I was with Earth 38 Lois and Brainy, saving Lois and Clark's kid on another earth. I was transported back to Earth 1 and that is when I saw you dying." Sara said.

"Ok, well let's just keep fighting and we should be fine. I think with all of these people here, we are doing pretty good. Were they all here last time?" Oliver asked as they all continued to fight.

"No, it wasn't nearly as many people last time. You might be right. With all of these people that weren't here last time, we might be able to hold our ground for longer and get more people out." Sara said.

"That would be great if we could. I am glad that you decided to come back and help us with this." Oliver said.

"I am too. Especially if that means that at the end of this you will be alive." Sara said.

"I will be and so will you. Let's do what we can until we can do no more and then we will become the Specters you were talking about and then we will be able to defeat the Anti-Monitor for good." Oliver said.

"I like the sound of that. Let's do what we can for this earth." Sara said as she looked over and saw some of the ships starting to go through the transmat portal.

"Looks like some of the people are starting to leave. Let's get to work so that everyone can get out of here." Oliver said.

"Wow. Looks like everyone is listening and they are getting out of here. Sometimes people don't like to listen when you are trying to save them. They think that you are full of it." Laurel said.

"Yeah, I think seeing that red cloud coming earlier let them know that it wasn't fake. I know I would believe it after I saw that." Thea said.

"That's true. Looks like everything is going good so far. Let's keep these demons' attention on us, so that more of those people can get out of here." Sara said.

All of a sudden, Novu showed up and said, "This battle is lost. I need to get you all out of here now."

Sara nodded at him because she knew what was coming. Novu started to transport all of the heroes away until all that was left were three people. Oliver looked at the third person that was with him and he about lost it because he now knew that the third person who was going to help them was going to be Thea.

"What is she still doing here?" Oliver asked.

"She doesn't have the darkness in this timeline that she did in the last one. I didn't think about her until earlier today. That is what I talked to Novu about." Sara said and Oliver nodded.

"Why aren't we getting transported out?" Thea yelled as she continued to fight.

"It is up to us to save the multiverse by becoming Specters. We will have to die for that to happen though." Sara said.

"So, we are going to die?" Thea asked.

"Yeah, but we will live in the end. That was part of the deal." Sara said and Thea nodded.

Oliver and Thea were quickly running out of arrows and Sara was surrounded by shadow demons. They knew that time was up, but they continued to fight as long as they could. They were finally transported to Earth 1 where they got to see the rest of their loved ones before they died, and all went to purgatory. Team Arrow and most of Earth 1's heroes knew what was going on but the other didn't, so they were mourning the loss of the heroes. Everyone knew what they had to do now and now they knew what they were really up against.